The end of Easytree

king ubu

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I was just about to start seeding some left handed Iberian pole vaulting music that I got in a trade.  :rfr

I still meant to thank you for that Flat Footed Sheep Throwing Music you sent me in return.

You're welcome. :rsmile:

It still boggles my mind that more jazz folks don't ENCOURAGE taping and trading of live shows (except in instances where they are doing professional recording for possible release-- and even then...). I'd think they'd be patching tapers into the soundboard.

Jazz is all about the live performance-- and in my view it only stimulates more searching for and purchasing of the group's and musician's released material. There isn't a lot of taper-friendly music that really rocks my world, but those that do have been the spur for purchasing more than a few CDs by the band and the sidemen.

I can understand platinum album artists objecting from a label standpoint, but a niche market like jazz is a whole different thing-- why don't people learn from the taper-friendly success?

Agreed.

the jazz community could easy turn into something like the Jam band community. Bands like the Dead and Phish have benefitted immeasurably from tape trading. It also seriosuly stimulates concert attendance, which is the most importance thing for jazz artists anyways.

A very narrow concept of ownership has blinded people to market realities that trading presents. Its like people fighting against the radio because it distributes music for free.

• 2 weeks later...