What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

killing2.jpg

Bit slower to really grip than season 1 - hard to really engage with the victims in the way the first series had you completely absorbed with the grieving family. The fact that the main crime story is again paralleled by political skulduggery seems a bit too close to the first series. But tonight's double biller (7/8) was utterly gripping; the final two episodes - including a trip to Afghanistan - look as if they are going to be thrilling.

The jumpers are up to standard too.

Edited by A Lark Ascending

51yPIBxyBFL._SX500_.jpg

Lost: Season 5

Re-watching the series with a friend that's never seen it, been blasting through the series at a fever pace, just starting on season 5. It's a blast re-living this epic, especially enjoying the after-episode discussions that it sparks. The sheer breadth of this show still boggles my mind.

All 3 Spirals were superb. Hope there are more!

killing2.jpg

Last two episodes! Marvellous ending with lots of unresolved threads.

And there will be a third series (though at one point towards the end of episode 10 it looked like this was not going to happen).

Edited by A Lark Ascending

All 3 Spirals were superb. Hope there are more!

killing2.jpg

Last two episodes! Marvellous ending with lots of unresolved threads.

And there will be a third series (though at one point towards the end of episode 10 it looked like this was not going to happen).

That's next on the list after Spiral. Have you had chance to watch Homeland yet? For all the obvious nods to The Manchurian Candidate methinks it's the most gripping new tv show in ages. The missus thinks so too. Don't miss it when it arrives in Blighty. :)

Just watched the 2011 St. Olaf Christmas Special for the third time. (My wife thinks I'm nuts.) I enjoy the music and I'm fascinated by the idea that so many young people in one area of the country would be interested in performing choral music.

Would that be St. Olaf in Northfield, MN? They have an excellent music program there. I enjoy listening to the choral music as well. It's become a part of making my Christmas holiday season. It's somewhat of a tradition here in MN. There are large Christmas programs put on at several colleges including St. Thomas and Gustavus Adolphus. I attended this years Christmas program at Bethel University. Between the choirs and the orchestra, there were over 300 students on stage. Of those, only 20% were studying music or music majors. The quality of the various choirs alone and as a whole was very impressive, as was the orchestra.

Edited by mikelz777

Just watched the 2011 St. Olaf Christmas Special for the third time. (My wife thinks I'm nuts.) I enjoy the music and I'm fascinated by the idea that so many young people in one area of the country would be interested in performing choral music.

Would that be St. Olaf in Northfield, MN? They have an excellent music program there. I enjoy listening to the choral music as well. It's become a part of making my Christmas holiday season. It's somewhat of a tradition here in MN. There are large Christmas programs put on at several colleges including St. Thomas and Gustavus Adolphus. I attended this years Christmas program at Bethel University. Between the choirs and the orchestra, there were over 300 students on stage. Of those, only 20% were studying music or music majors. The quality of the various choirs alone and as a whole was very impressive, as was the orchestra.

Yes. St. Olaf College in Northfield, Mn.

Watched a few Seinfeld episodes from season 2. Among them The Jacket which starred Lawrence Tierney who was great as a Elaine's father but turned to be too much to handle for the crew. With the result that what was supposed to be a recuring character turned out to be a only one time presence. According to the actors at some point he tried to steal a knife from the set and when confronted by Jerry Seinfeld he advanced towards him holding the knife over his head imitating the Psycho music. Did a few research about the now late Tierney found another story about him showing he was not an easy man to deal with especially late in life.

http://www.eddiemull...om/tierney.html

Edited by Van Basten II

51wgzkYHM8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Drama based around the Japanese capture of Nanking in 1937. Read a book about this a few years back and it must have been one of the most harrowing books I've ever read. The film has a Schindler's List approach - shot in black and white, seeing things through the focus on a number of characters. Not easy to watch.