What Are You Watching

I resisted for quite some time, but I finally started watching the first season of Sons of Anarchy. What a weird show, in many ways entertaining, but I confess there's about five minutes of every episode I wish I hadn't seen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching my uncle in his first acting role, as a "special guest artist" on the episode "The Top Hat Job" on the "Leverage: Season Two" DVD set.

He plays the CEO of a company, Willam Taylor Price who becomes an unwitting pawn in the "con" that Hutton and his time are involved in. I am of course BIASED AS HELL, he's my uncle, one of my favorite family members (he's my dad's younger brother, and only twelve years older than I, so he was always somehow "easier to relate to" for we nieces and nephews.)

I believe Jack decided to try out for a part as a Congressman in large part because years and years ago he ran for Congress and lost, and I'm sure he thought, "this would be cool to do, be a Congressman for a day or two". . . He read for the part, and then they called him back and asked him if he would be interested in reading for a part in another episode, which he apparently nailed.

Jack has been a CEO in his past and he so naturally acts someone that MIGHT be himself. .. . His comedic timing and his comfort in the the role really seem to shine through.

He says it was a gas. He denies this, but I'm pretty sure he also got a change made into the script. The big bad really rotten villain in the episode shares (though not spelled exactly the same way) the name of my brother-in-law (who anyone who knows him knows he's one of the nicest persons in the world). It's hilarious to keep hearing his name, and they even make a big deal of saying that someone with his name as spelled is VERY EVIL.

Quite a wonderful experience for my uncle, and already he is now involved in a short independent film. He has a Radio and Television degree from Oberlin, though he didn't use it much for nearly forty years til he retired when he started doing voice overs in advertising and now acting.

Hey Mark,

I like the show as well, and I am glad that you felt his "timing" was good, as I did too, but he's my "Unk" and I felt he was acting his usual self, he's an entertaining guy. :) I think he could do well if he has more acting jobs.

I've long thought of the The Dick Van Dyke show as one of the best sitcoms of all time. People love to harsh my buzz by saying, "I never liked the kid," or some such. Yeah. Well, no show is perfect I guess... But dang if it wasn't pretty damn awesome.

A very good show! And they had to do 30 or more new shows a year. Not 22 like most shows today. Remind those folks of that little fact.

When those shows first came out on DVD they were about $60, now they are $17.99 a season! Someday when I actually have disposable income again, I will grab these!

Same here. Will be watching many games but not all!

Getting ready for kickoff time of the South Africa-Mexico opening match! Hoping it will be exciting!

Not so sure about the evening match France-Uruguay :mellow:

I am afraid all my misgivings about the French team may turn out to be accurate! Would be glad to be proven wrong!

• 3 weeks later...

The final episode of Treme, which I thought was excellent. :)

Me too, the flashback at the funeral was brilliant, as was the second line with LaDonna. I'm already psyched for a second season even though it may not be for awhile.

Right, the funeral flashback sequence was unexpected and very well executed. I'm also looking forward to the 2nd season. Just a pity we won't be seeing John Goodman again.

• 2 weeks later...