What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True Blood...I'm attempting to like this one, but it's a struggle.

The first season is rough, but stick with it, it gets better. Hopefully they don't go off the deep end.

I didn't start watching the show until the second season and then went back and started from the beginning. I'm hooked but so far I've been a little disappointed this season. Although it appears to be moving along a little better after lastnight.

I've been watching Mad Men Season 2 on Blu-Ray. A very well done show, this season as good as the first. I still don't really care about any of the characters. . . they're all kindof slimy.

I don't know...the closest thing to a main character, "Don Draper," has his moments.

He didn't stand up for them, he let the deal go down. Let his client go to the dogs. And said "gee this is wrong." Big whoop.

He cheated on his wife, he misled the women he was cheating with and left them hang, no one was more important than he. NO one. Even was coldly selfish with his longlost brother, causing his DEATH. Crummy husband, crummy father, okay business man. I'm so glad I'm nothing like him.

I've been going though the season one episodes of "Mad Men" lately, via Netflix. Just saw the episode "Shoot," the last one on disc three. I managed to completely miss this one on TV and it's a gem! More of a "stand-alone" episode (less "arcy" you might say), directed by Paul Feig. Draper is being courted by one of the really big Manhattan ad firms, and his wife Betty is enticed into returning to modeling. Great shot of the restored Los Angeles Theater in the beginning.