What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Politician's Husband BBC

p017qd3x.jpg?nodefault=true

Any good? Missed it last Thursday but might catch up tonight.

Yes, it was interesting despite David Tennant.

I don't know how it will play out but Emily Watson always turns in a solid perfomance, and I'm generally a fan of of political thrillers.

I don't know how it will play out but Emily Watson always turns in a solid perfomance, and I'm generally a fan of of political thrillers.

Thanks. I'll give a go.

Rectify

30069.jpg

Impressive look at a man who spends half his life in a solitary cell on death row and who is released suddenly when dna evidence cast doubt on his guilt.

Quite profound, slow paced character study was very impressive but requiring patience . The guy who plays the con, Aden Young gives a spot on memorable performance.

Recommended.

Thanks. I'll give a go.

Enjoyed it and will watch the rest. Though you end up hating all the main characters! I suspect that is intended.

Rectify

30069.jpg

Impressive look at a man who spends half his life in a solitary cell on death row and who is released suddenly when dna evidence cast doubt on his guilt.

Quite profound, slow paced character study was very impressive but requiring patience . The guy who plays the con, Aden Young gives a spot on memorable performance.

Recommended.

I caught the first episode and quite liked it. The entire show is only supposed to be six episodes. More like a British show, in that respect, than an American one.

Rectify

30069.jpg

Recommended.

I agree!

orphan-black-tca-panel-bbc-america.jpg

It's a sequal to The Politician's Wife from 1995. I enjoyed it a lot more than Broadchurch.

The Politician's Wife was great, especially Juliet Stevenson.

Broadchurch left me puzzled why it was so well received, it usually had me on the verge of nodding off.

Just goes to show how excellent Scott & Bailey is- it runs rings round the lot.

Edited by kinuta

Friends: Season 1. About once a year or so, I go on a Friends run. It's a nice harmless show, and it's an enjoyable way to pass the time. However, I have to say that David Schwimmer is virtually unwatchable in the first season. *Permission to laugh at me now*

51HRCAPXNAL._SY300_.jpg

Watched Community with the family. Not a bad episode overall.

I PVR'ed The Big Bang Theory. I haven't really kept up with the show but enjoy it. Apparently, Bob Newhart comes on as a tv "science guy" like Mr. Wizard. His stage name was Professor Proton, and he was a childhood hero of Sheldon. So they hire him to come to a party, and of course he thinks it is a kids' party. Supposedly a bittersweet part, since Professor Proton always wanted to be taken seriously as a scientist but was just an entertainer. Sounds good anyway. Newhart said he took the gig only if it was a semi-recurring character, maybe 2 or 3 episodes a season. So we should get to see him come back. Can't wait.

The first half-season of Big Bang Theory spanned the last months of my having TV, and I took a shine to the show. Now I rent each season from Netflix a few months late. The Newhart episode is something to look forward to!

Watched Community with the family. Not a bad episode overall.

I PVR'ed The Big Bang Theory. I haven't really kept up with the show but enjoy it. Apparently, Bob Newhart comes on as a tv "science guy" like Mr. Wizard. His stage name was Professor Proton, and he was a childhood hero of Sheldon. So they hire him to come to a party, and of course he thinks it is a kids' party. Supposedly a bittersweet part, since Professor Proton always wanted to be taken seriously as a scientist but was just an entertainer. Sounds good anyway. Newhart said he took the gig only if it was a semi-recurring character, maybe 2 or 3 episodes a season. So we should get to see him come back. Can't wait.

Hannibal episodes 4 & 5.

Here episode 5 didn't run til last night. I gave up on this show after 4. It's just an excuse to show ever more ways to kill people. I don't care about the detectives or the killers. Even Gina Torres (Mrs. Fisbourne, and I really love Gina) couldn't save it for me.

Hannibal episodes 4 & 5.

Here episode 5 didn't run til last night. I gave up on this show after 4. It's just an excuse to show ever more ways to kill people. I don't care about the detectives or the killers. Even Gina Torres (Mrs. Fisbourne, and I really love Gina) couldn't save it for me.

Horrible , grim show and a big waste of talent. :tdown