What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Person of Interst" with bad-ass villain Amy Acker.

Amy-Acker-and-Jim-Caviezel-in-PERSON-OF-INTEREST-Episode-1.23-Firewall.jpg

Now on to "Scandal" with the lovely Kerry Washington.

Scandal_ABC_New_a_l.jpg

I've watched Scandal with interest since the pilot and think it's among the best of the newbies.

Like your Palmer Eldridge quip about the POI villain, can't quite see the connection but what do I know. Anyhow she's the best female baddy since Nina Myers !

Watched the pilot of BBC Hunted, which was really entertaining, fast paced and well done. I remember Melissa George from In Treatment, she was a standout as Laura and carries the new show well.

In Treatment

in-treatment-george11.jpg

Hunted

18400.jpg&width=580&height=350&quality=85&mode=crop

Edited by kinuta

Watched the pilot of BBC Hunted, which was really entertaining, fast paced and well done. I remember Melissa George from In Treatment, she was a standout as Laura and carries the new show well.

In Treatment

in-treatment-george11.jpg

Hunted

18400.jpg&width=580&height=350&quality=85&mode=crop

Cool, I saw the previews for that show a couple months ago and it looked like a good one.

Speaking of which I'm watching the premier of "Beauty and the Beast" on CW just because Kristen Kreuk is the star. Lovely woman. Not a great show.

Saw the previews for that while watching The Vampire Diaries, it didn't look promising. There are many more beautiful women than there are good shows to put them in. smile.gif

Speaking of which I'm watching the premier of "Beauty and the Beast" on CW just because Kristen Kreuk is the star. Lovely woman. Not a great show.

Saw the previews for that while watching The Vampire Diaries, it didn't look promising. There are many more beautiful women than there are good shows to put them in. smile.gif

Ain't that the truth!

Spent all afternoon, it was raining, watching the first season of Breaking Bad- just seven episodes.

Amazing stuff.

Breaking Bad is terrific. While I'd be surprised if any of the current crop of cable based dramas eventually rise to the level of The Sopranos or Mad Men, shows like this give them a solid run for their money.

Right now, I'm six episodes into the first season of Homeland which I'm liking a lot. A riveting "is he or isn't he" story line backed by solid acting all across-the-board.

Plus, there's some passable eye candy on board with Claire Danes and Morena Baccarin, the gal from the short lived ABC series V. I've talked people who have watched this from the beginning and they say it only gets better. I say, bring it on.

Online this afternoon, watched the second episode of Elementary, the CBS contemporary version of Sherlock Holmes. Inferior to the PBS series and, typical of American TV, they cast a babe as Watson. American TV, in general, doesn't care about whether a show is done well, as long as it looks good.

I've seen the first 2 episodes and found it quite enjoyable. It's quite different than the PBS series so I didn't compare them back to back. I also had no problems with them casting Lucy Lui as Watson...I think she's mature enough not to get dismissed as just a "babe" at this point in her career.

Online this afternoon, watched the second episode of Elementary, the CBS contemporary version of Sherlock Holmes. Inferior to the PBS series and, typical of American TV, they cast a babe as Watson. American TV, in general, doesn't care about whether a show is done well, as long as it looks good.

I've seen the first 2 episodes and found it quite enjoyable. It's quite different than the PBS series so I didn't compare them back to back. I also had no problems with them casting Lucy Lui as Watson...I think she's mature enough not to get dismissed as just a "babe" at this point in her career.

I was just noting that, in general, American TV casts good looking people (especially women) instead of casting good actors. Elementary features a somewhat ordinary looking Holmes, so they probably felt that they had to cast an attractive actress as Watson.

I was just noting that, in general, American TV casts good looking people (especially women) instead of casting good actors. Elementary features a somewhat ordinary looking Holmes, so they probably felt that they had to cast an attractive actress as Watson.

Oh I definitely agree to a point, people want to look at attractive people on TV, you see not-so-attractive people on the street everyday. TV stars tend to be "ideals".

I do believe it is possible to be great looking and also be a great actor. The average looking actors get the character roles on US TV, but seldom the lead.

Oh I definitely agree to a point, people want to look at attractive people on TV, you see not-so-attractive people on the street everyday. TV stars tend to be "ideals".

I do believe it is possible to be great looking and also be a great actor. The average looking actors get the character roles on US TV, but seldom the lead.

The whole cast of 'Arrow' are like fashion plate androids, the women look like they've popped out of an Acme.Co duplicating machine, same length wavy locks and cutie pie faces. Weird and disorienting. I can't bring myself to watch the new Holmes .

Edited by kinuta

The whole cast of 'Arrow' are like fashion plate androids, the women look like they've popped out of an Acme.Co duplicating machine, same length wavy locks and cutie pie faces. Weird and disorienting. I can't bring myself to watch the new Holmes .

That is standard for any show on the CW network, easily the most image-conscious of them all.

The cast of Vampire Diaries are essentially perfect genetic specimens, no way that many great looking people could possibly all live in one small town...but since the show is supernatural based it kind of adds to the overall otherworldly atmosphere.

Speaking of supernatural, the show Supernatural (also on the CW) for the past 8 seasons has paraded an almost mind-boggling assortment of babes in guest spots...I think they are growing them in a lab somewhere in the San Fernando Valley. Katie Cassidy (main actress on Arrow) had a recurring role on Supernatural for awhile.

The Girl - Julian Jarrold (2012) HBO

hbo-films-the-girl.jpg

Tacky, bad aftertaste hatchet job, attempts to tar Hitch with the Polanski/Woody Allen sexual scandal brush.

I already knew all the main points after reading numerous books on Hitchcock and fail to see who this is aimed at, not his fans, that's for sure. :tdown