What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found out my Uncle Jack is going to be appearing on "Grimm" this coming Friday night. His second network TV appearance (he was a guest star on a Leverage, Season Two episode). I'm looking forward to it!

Awesome! I've grown to really like that show, felt that the first season took a little too long to get into a groove, but it's settled in quite nicely now.

Finished up the final season (5) of Damages. They tied things up neatly, though not quite as excitingly as I had hoped for. I'll miss the show, even though the last couple seasons weren't quite up to the level of the first 3, it was still a very enjoyable experience.

Glenn Close vs. Rose Byrne has been a great pairing.

Finished up the final season (5) of Damages. They tied things up neatly, though not quite as excitingly as I had hoped for. I'll miss the show, even though the last couple seasons weren't quite up to the level of the first 3, it was still a very enjoyable experience.

Glenn Close vs. Rose Byrne has been a great pairing.

The last shot of heavily made up Patty in the limo is haunting. She has all the trappings of success but has sold her soul. Glenn Close is a great actor

The last shot of heavily made up Patty in the limo is haunting. She has all the trappings of success but has sold her soul. Glenn Close is a great actor

Patty deserves to be miserable. The show was really like a slow descent into hell, the actors pulled that off beautifully. Close would have eaten many potential co-stars alive, I give credit to Byrne for standing toe to toe with her for the entire run. Class acts, both of them.

Early Sunday morning, I woke up at 2 a.m. and was unable to get back to sleep. I was flicking around and came across an odd looking film on TCM. Turned out to be something called The Sid Saga, a self made documentary about a man named Sid Laverents who lived a varied life. Recommended to those who are looking for something interesting and off the beaten track.

sidsaga_ff_188x141_062020120749.jpg

Edited by paul secor

b01n7rh4.jpg?nodefault=true

The first of Ian Hislop's three part history of the Stiff Upper Lip. Fascinating (and typically humorous) social history.

Hopefully the nation is watching and will put aside its foolish emoting over people winning dancing competitions or being evicted from wannabeastar competitions.

Harrumph!