What Are You Watching

The Newsroom

Watched the first and second episodes.

I found it rather manic and a bit too in y'r face. Keeping up with the rapid fire dialogue got very wearing.

The scriptwriter needs one of Woody Allen's patented hockey puck size valiums.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2nd & 3rd episodes of the new Wallander BBC series. The Dogs Of Riga & Before The Frost.

I thought they were both well done and it was nice to see him actually smile at the end of Before The Frost.

Not as good as the original ,Johanna Sällström and Krister Henriksson are unmatchable.

johanna-sallstrom-obit.jpg

Damages-season-4.jpg

Just finished Damages season 4. Really liked this season, fewer episodes slimmed down the plotline a bit but it maintained the punch. Goodman and Dylan Baker were both excellent. It also has my favorite final scene of the series so far, I practically jumped out of my seat and cheered!

Season 5 is currently on air, glad this series is continuing.

I'm glad as well. Wish they would put these out on Blu-ray as well as DVD, but if wishes were horses the streets would be covered in dung.

Just finished watching Sunday's "Breaking Bad." Better than the season opening episode for me. I'm interested to see where this goes from here. . . .

51ut5kexBaL._SX500_.jpg

Entertaining "Syfy" series, kind of like Xmen with the "superhero trappings" removed. The always excellent David Strathairn makes a compelling leader, Ryan Cartwright (Bones) steals every scene he's in. The pilot episode was a little too laid back, but the series gains momentum quickly. Lots of cool genre actors show up in guest spots including Summer Glau (Firefly), Brent Spiner (TNG) and Rebecca Mader (Lost/Fringe).

51ut5kexBaL._SX500_.jpg

Entertaining "Syfy" series, kind of like Xmen with the "superhero trappings" removed. The always excellent David Strathairn makes a compelling leader, Ryan Cartwright (Bones) steals every scene he's in. The pilot episode was a little too laid back, but the series gains momentum quickly. Lots of cool genre actors show up in guest spots including Summer Glau (Firefly), Brent Spiner (TNG) and Rebecca Mader (Lost/Fringe).

I like Alphas. Somehow I managed to miss the last two episodes of the first season, but I'm muddling through the new one somehow.

Rewatched season 4 of Breaking Bad. Then I went through the commentaries on the last three episodes.

Me too, it must be catching.

Thought I'd watch a couple of episodes but ended up watching it all in two sittings.

Season 4 was fantastic! They could have ended it there. Somehow I'm not as keen on this season. . . Walter is an ever-increasing asshole and it's not quite as good for me.

The Two Escobars. The best of the 30 for 30 ESPN documentary series. Tells the story of Pablo Escobar, the Drug Lord, Andres Escobar, the Columbian soccer player, and how the drug money caused tragedy and death in its relationship with Columbian soccer. Powerful film, with a very interesting cast of characters, and acutely depressing, but very moving also.