What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HALLELUJAH!

fringe-310-1.jpg

Reported today: Fringe is renewed for at least thirteen episodes next year.

Fringe Renewed

ow ratings be damned — cult favorite Fringe will finish its multi-universe journey with a 13-episode final season. As expected, Fox has closed a deal to renew the sci-fi drama for a fifth season. While a dismal ratings performer in live viewing, Fringe has been a big DVR gainer and a favorite of critics as well as Fox brass.

“Fringe has been a point of pride for me, I share the fans’ passion for the show,” Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly said in January at TCA, where he also made it clear that a renewal hinged on renegotiating the deal with producing studio Warner Bros TV and J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot at a lower license fee. “We lose a lot of money on the show,” Reilly said. “We are not in the business of losing money, so we’re trying to figure out if there a number at which we can continue with the series.”

After lengthy negotiations over the past couple of months, the two sides came to an agreement, giving the show and its fans a proper ending. “We are thrilled and beyond grateful that Fox – and our fans – have made the impossible possible: Fringe will continue into a fifth season that will allow the series to conclude in a wild and thrilling way,” series co-creator/executive producer JJ Abrams said.

HALLELUJAH!

fringe-310-1.jpg

Reported today: Fringe is renewed for at least thirteen episodes next year.

Fringe Renewed

ow ratings be damned — cult favorite Fringe will finish its multi-universe journey with a 13-episode final season. As expected, Fox has closed a deal to renew the sci-fi drama for a fifth season. While a dismal ratings performer in live viewing, Fringe has been a big DVR gainer and a favorite of critics as well as Fox brass.

“Fringe has been a point of pride for me, I share the fans’ passion for the show,” Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly said in January at TCA, where he also made it clear that a renewal hinged on renegotiating the deal with producing studio Warner Bros TV and J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot at a lower license fee. “We lose a lot of money on the show,” Reilly said. “We are not in the business of losing money, so we’re trying to figure out if there a number at which we can continue with the series.”

After lengthy negotiations over the past couple of months, the two sides came to an agreement, giving the show and its fans a proper ending. “We are thrilled and beyond grateful that Fox – and our fans – have made the impossible possible: Fringe will continue into a fifth season that will allow the series to conclude in a wild and thrilling way,” series co-creator/executive producer JJ Abrams said.

That's good. :D

Have given up the ghost on the increasingly preposterous and annoying Touch.

Killing off Danny Glover was the final straw.

Coming up, the season finale of The Good Wife, the best and most consistently well written show on tv in the absence of Breaking Bad.

Anyone else watching Scandal? I like it more with each episode, the latest takes it into dark waters indeed.

I'll bet it's canceled soon, most of the most interesting shows have been.

Coming up, the season finale of The Good Wife, the best and most consistently well written show on tv in the absence of Breaking Bad.

Anyone else watching Scandal? I like it more with each episode, the latest takes it into dark waters indeed.

I'll bet it's canceled soon, most of the most interesting shows have been.

Yeah, amazing that the cliffhangers can be Alicia deciding whether to go in for pizza, and Kalinda sitting in a chair by the door. . . .

Last night's Mad Men. Roger is BACK! That's a good thing. Megan impresses her husband and pulls the fat out of the fire. Peggy pisses off her Mom. This is perhaps the best season.

So far every episode seems to be a completely different ride than all the others. But perhaps I'm just not used to seeing brand NEW episodes. I agree, it's a very good season so far. And since dropping acid Roger is very much on his game with the one-liners again.

Currently watching a three-hour program from last November's D'Jazz festival in Nevers, central France, now being broadcast on HD-TV on the 'Mezzo Live' channel.

First up was Marc Ribot with Henry Grimes and Chad Taylor

Marc_Ribot_Trio_c_Brendan_Bannon_2010_web.jpg

currently being shown is SexMob with Steven Bernstein on trumpet, Briggan Krauss, altosax, Tony Scherr, bass, and Kenny Wollesen, drums.

Third will be Radiation 10 with Han Bennink on drums!

Another great program from Mezzo TV!

The Dick Van Dyke Show. Season One. Amazon had the complete set for the "Deal of the Day" for $66.99, and I jumped on it. What a great and funny show, Mary Tyler Moore and Dick Van Dyke make such a wonderful couple, and Millie cracks me up all the time. Top Ten show of all time, easy.

51KFFj5EyYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• 2 weeks later...