The Gasoline Blues

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall, I think that crude oil should be priced 2 K at barrel, because until then, nobody at the head of the various goverments of the world will have the guts to challenge the interests of oil and car industries and push for a politic of energy saving and clean and renovable energy sources, (that aren't the nuclear or biofuel, another big lobby of interests).

i drive not even 30 miles per week unless out of town for a music gig or visiting, which is becoming less frequent, so i dont really care.

nonetheless, gonna fire up the puddle jumper or the bicycle.

:rolleyes:

Same here. Where I'm gonna get bit in the ass is when I need to fill up with #2 heating oil. I suspect a $500+ bill (for around 250 gallons).

• 3 months later...

$3.44 in Whitehall today. Up a dime since last night.

Where's Eliot Spitzer when we need him? :ph34r:

Get a grip, man!

Spitzer and his lawsuits only drive up costs for consumers as he did in the financial field. Where was your big check from the "mutual fund scandal?" Fund companies paid a fine; consumers got nothing, and you have to pay more as Janus and other companies beef up their compliance departments and pass the costs down to the fundholders.

But hey, he made a lot of headlines, put himself in office and was able to spend some big $ on some pussy. :wacko:

Get a grip, man!

Spitzer and his lawsuits only drive up costs for consumers as he did in the financial field. Where was your big check from the "mutual fund scandal?" Fund companies paid a fine; consumers got nothing, and you have to pay more as Janus and other companies beef up their compliance departments and pass the costs down to the fundholders.

But hey, he made a lot of headlines, put himself in office and was able to spend some big $ on some pussy. :wacko:

And the field you work/worked in was..............financial? <_<

Get a grip, man!

And the field you work/worked in was..............financial? <_<

No longer do, but it gave me an insider's view of the b.s. that went on, and still does. But more importantly, I am still a financial services consumer as are many on this board, I presume.

Further discussion really belongs in the politics thread, but you can read about him in the Political section, as there is a thread over there.

Christ, remind me never to pay attention to any of your thoughts dealing with the music industry. You work/worked there, right? <_<

Edited by connoisseur series500

Are you kidding? In Italy is $ 8.14 per gallon, if I correctly converted all the stuff.

I think it was just over six when I was there in 2006. I remember getting gas just outside of Cortona and I guess it was full service because a guy came out with a gas hose leaking gas and smoking a cigarette and filled my tank. I went into pay and they had a full service bar/cafe and the bartender who was a six foot two Sophia Loren look a like wanted to know if I wanted a espresso or a shot of grappa.

I love Italy.

Edited by WorldB3

Are you kidding? In Italy is $ 8.14 per gallon, if I correctly converted all the stuff.

I think it was just over six when I was there in 2006. I remember getting gas just outside of Cortona and I guess it was full service because a guy came out with a gas hose leaking gas and smoking a cigarette and filled my tank. I went into pay and they had a full service bar/cafe and the bartender who was a six foot two Sophia Loren look a like wanted to know if I wanted a espresso or a shot of grappa.

I love Italy.

:lol:

Are you making that sh!t up??

I love Italy.

:lol:

Are you making that sh!t up??

ok, I embellished the part about gas leaking out of the hose but he did walk up with the gas hose smoking a cigarette and the bartender/cashier was gorgeous and was pouring stiff drinks. Great county.