Telarc Digital Classical Wax

I've about a dozen Telarc late seventies pressings of the standard fare of what they first got into the business about. Nearly all are stil sealed in the bags, not shrink wrap. Heavy duty stuff that was all the rage I think before the dawn of the CD. Are classical vinyl philes even around these days?

Wondering if you vinyl nuts know if there is a market for these?

These are audiophile pressings with very good sound. The early digital recordings by Soundstream were also state of the art.

While the Telarc LPS are not collectors items, in mint condition they will sell for a decent price, $8-12.

Edited by Claude

Thanks, (fah nuttin') ;)

I did just a tad of searching... (searching classical ... c'mon now!) and find you are all correct. I saw some double lp telarcs going in the mid hundreds but those might be rare titles. Others went upwards of fifty but it seemed for the most part that these are not things that command any attention at all so you are at best at the luck of who's looking if eBay is the place to dump them.

But hey it is German Digital!

I do have one Vivaldi / Karajan 4 Seasons Deutsche Grammaphone in mint vinyl that I picked up at a yard sale for a quarter. Unfortunatley the owner put her name on the front - wouldn't want some drunk at a Frankie Vallie sock hop running off with that one!

So Claude, how many of these would you like? ^_^