Rooster's official "BFT #25" sign-up thread

Rooster_Ties

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will get our discs, I'm sure...

We have enough patience, I'm sure as well...

Speak for yourself. I'm in couw's camp. It's been over 3 weeks since King Ubu posted his answers to BFT #24. #25 should be on the last lap by now instead of there being a no show at the starting gate. It's not fair to the regular subscribers to this particular forum much less those of us waiting patiently for our turn to host a BFT.

I´m in the patient members camp. ;)

In fact, I´m happy this has slowed down the crazy path of the previous BFT.

I made a few remarks about the BFT thing getting too fast for my liking in the past, but that was mostly because the answers were posted merely a day or so after I'd had a chance to finally spin the disc(s), not because the discs came in too fast - what I would prefer is more time with the discs, not longer waits between.

I know how much work it is to put a BFT together, but I and several others have asked to be moved up a few places when it became obvious that it would be a hassle otherwise. No offense, Rooster, but that's what I think you ought to have done - it seems there's always someone who's waiting for his turn and has the discs done, already, thus, imho this should be sort of a "standard procedure" in case someone cannot pull it through in time (a week or two of waiting is still "in time" in my book).

And again, this has nothing to do with the span the discussion is open!

Update: Half the discs went out this past weekend (meaning the day before yesterday), and the other half will go out by the end of the day today. I will be PM-ing the individual distributors with their distribution lists, within a day or two. I also included hard-copies of the distribution addresses with the mailings themselves.

Again, my apologies for the huge delay, everyone. These past two weeks have been mega-ultra busy for me (the whole past month, really). Every day there have been deadlines related to this Historic Homes & Gardens Tour that I’ve been managing, as the committee-chair pulling the whole thing together. I’m really not a very good manager at heart, so much of the work for this project has fallen to me, with each deadline being met at the last minute (or close). I do realize I have no one else to blame for this, other than myself. If I were better organized, I might have been able to delegate things more. This Homes Tour thing is my first time taking on any kind of project even remotely this size, and it’s been a trial by fire, to say the very least.

I’ll open up the discussion threads by the end of this week, as that is when the first discs should be received by (roughly).

Again, an infinite number of apologies for not getting this thing going as quickly as I would have liked to.

Edited by Rooster_Ties