This board needs a clear mission statement

Guest DizzySpells

This board will build a Mission near the Us/Mexican border within the next 24 hours.

How's that for a fucking mission statement.

I did not read any messages in this silly thread before my message.

Have a troublesome life, like the rest of us.

Everyone makes choices, some are errors and we move on.

I am moving on and hope all is well in the morning.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Flurin's certainly no bully (though, being a king, I hear he rules with an authoritative fist). :P

I misunderstood Dizzy's earlier post about Flurin and thought he was accusing Flurin of doing the bullying. Now I understand that Che was calling Flurin a bully, which is of course ludicrous. But y'know what? Coming from Che I couldn't see how anyone could take that comment seriously - or see the need to defend Flurin from it. My apologies for the confussion and for not defending him sooner, but I simply didn't see the need - not any more than if Che called him a blue polka-dotted giraffe. "Uh, hey Organissimo guys, I just gotta come to King Ubu's defense and call out Che for calling him a blue polka-dotted giraffe." ^_^

I was confused too, Ray! Thank you for clearing that up. :tup

One more thing. Flurin is the man! :)

The ONLY THING this board "needs" are members who respect the community of jazz fans that congregate here.

Ain't that the truth.

Geeze, I'm gone a few hours -- and what the fuck happens around here???

I'm only about 10 posts into this thread, so I've got a lot to catch up on.

I don't get it.

Me either. The board's been a little squirely for maybe the last month or two. But only a bit more than usual.

Was there really all this undercurrent of frustration going on??

And the Politics forum (other than a thread or two, here and there), hasn't been nearly as out of hand as it's been at other times within the last couple years.

I really don't get it either.

I guess I'm about halfway through this thread. Thus, I'll plow on through the rest.

Back in a minute.....

2.  YOU seem to think that the ship is sinking.  Some apparently think it's taking on too much water.  I think it may be slightly off course, but I don't understand why you're heading for the lifeboats.  I know it's not difficult to read around, but my impressions of what I'm reading may differ from yours.  I like to ignore almost all threads and posts that don't interest me or cause me to want to respond.

:tup

:tup:tup:tup

Especially the "I think it may be slightly off course" part. Emphasis on the "slightly" part.

...it's like a fu**ing episode of Seinfeld, I don't even know what people are bitchin' about! It's all about nothing!

:lol: I was thinking more along the lines of one of those old Star Trek episodes, where some floating cloud of sparkly goo causes everyone to go bonkers and attack one another... and then, y'know, Kirk realizes that all they have to do is laugh at the sparkly goo cloud and it will float away in a state of angry dissipation.

Or something like that. Could it partly be that it's mid-March and we want to listen to our jazz with the windows open, for cryin' out loud?

dizzyspells is really upset about all of this, not that i know what it all is, but i'll now give him the due respect for that.

Excuse me -- but am I missing something here?? :unsure:

dizzyspells joined this board less than two weeks ago. How can anyone who has only been on a board for less than two weeks, start a thread with an 8-point dissertation about all the things that have gone wrong with this place.

Am I missing something here?? Is dizzyspells somebody else who used to post under another name??

I'm almost to the point of suggesting that this is maybe some of the most insidious "troll"-like behavior I've yet seen on this, or any board.

Still catching up on the thread. Back in a minute...

dizzyspells is really upset about all of this, not that i know what it all is, but i'll now give him the due respect for that.

Excuse me -- but am I missing something here?? :unsure:

dizzyspells joined this board less than two weeks ago. How can anyone who has only been on a board for less than two weeks, start a thread with an 8-point dissertation about all the things that have gone wrong with this place.

Am I missing something here?? Is dizzyspells somebody else who used to post under another name??

I'm almost to the point of suggesting that this is maybe some of the most insidious "troll"-like behavior I've yet seen on this, or any board.

Still catching up on the thread. Back in a minute...

:lol::lol:

Dizzy Spells was Deus 62 and Soylent Green is People!!!!!!!!!

...it's like a fu**ing episode of Seinfeld, I don't even know what people are bitchin' about!  It's all about nothing!

:lol: I was thinking more along the lines of one of those old Star Trek episodes, where some floating cloud of sparkly goo causes everyone to go bonkers and attack one another... and then, y'know, Kirk realizes that all they have to do is laugh at the sparkly goo cloud and it will float away in a state of angry dissipation.

And I was thinking it was like "Ghostbusters II" where there was this "mood slime" oozing under the city, putting people in bad moods, and then feeding off the bad energy and growing bigger and putting people in worse moods...

Right, Medjuck? ;)

...it's like a fu**ing episode of Seinfeld, I don't even know what people are bitchin' about!  It's all about nothing!

And I was thinking it was like "Ghostbusters II" where there was this "mood slime" oozing under the city, putting people in bad moods, and then feeding off the bad energy and growing bigger and putting people in worse moods...

You know what it is? It's that damned chewing gum in Catesta's hair...

GhostBusters II was a bad movie.  However, Ghostbusters, the original, is one of the best movies ever made.  I probably think that because it was one of the first movies I ever saw in the theatre when I was a kid! :)

Same thing w/Blues Brothers and Blues Brothers 2000.

Yes. Except I saw Blues Bros. when I was 13.

I think the very first movie I saw in a real theater was Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn. That opening scene gave me nightmares for YEARS!

I logged in one more time to explain things.

I had to change my handle because of outside influences.

Well, thanks for confusing half the people reading this thread, including me. I don't know why you had to wait three hours to answer the question after I asked you point blank, and you continued to post, and continued to be asked. I still don't understand that. HOW does one person (a person who has been here for quite awhile and should know better) fuck things up like this singlehandedly? I appreciate the good intentions, but... I dunno... this was some goofy shit. Glad it's over. :mellow: