Worst film ever...

Are tv movies included in this discussion? If so, I nominate "the Phantom of the Park", starring KISS. Scooby-Doo meets... some really bad writing and "acting". Another good one for a hoot with friends.

It's not a discussion.

Sorry for the misunderstanding Joe, but there isn't a worse movie than Showgirls. ;):P

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony, here in the US the movie with the reputation as being the worst ever is Bela Lugosi's last flick, Plan 9 From Outer Space.

I've never seen it, but I did see one when I was a kid called The Four Skulls of Jonathan Drake. Boy, was that bad!

And in the 70s I made the mistake of seeing The Fugs' "comedy", whatever that was called. I should have asked for my money back for that one!

And speaking of bad movies, don't forget Frank Zappa's 200 Motels. Made no sense whatever!

You inspired me! The wife and I watched Ed Wood tonight. I had to keep reassuring her that, yes, these we're real movies. I'm afraid she's not going to believe me until I track down Plan 9 from Outer Space. But heck, I can take it again...

Let's not forget Head, by the Monkees.  Certainly must be in the running as ONE of the worst films of all time!

It's unfortunate that you guys decide a movie is terrible simply because you don't think it makes sense. You're really limiting yourselves to nothing but run-of-the-mill linear narrative cinema at that point.

Personally, I love the Monkees' Head. I think it's a great film and like the tunes as well.

To each his own, of course.

Personally, I've always really liked Eraserhead, but not Head.

...after further consideration and deliberation, I reached consensus with me and myself, and we three confirmed that Thomas and the Magic Railroad is without doubt the single most painful movie we ever had to sit through. Those of you without younger children probably missed this steaming pile of....well we'll call it 'misthaufen' auf Deutsch. Count your blessings.

B00004XPPF.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

...after further consideration and deliberation, I reached consensus with me and myself, and we three confirmed that Thomas and the Magic Railroad is without doubt the single most painful movie we ever had to sit through. Those of you without younger children probably missed this steaming pile of....well we'll call it 'misthaufen' auf Deutsch. Count your blessings.

B00004XPPF.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

It may be a putrid pile of offal, but how does it compare with such classics as 'Barney's Christmas', 'Pokemon III' or 'Power Rangers- the Movie'

I used to be into the Power Rangers when I was little.  ^_^ Those were the days. I was only allowed to watch the show, not get any of the stuff.  :lol:

If you are of an age when you were actually 'into' the Power Rangers, then you're still little in my book.

I used to be into the Power Rangers when I was little.  ^_^ Those were the days. I was only allowed to watch the show, not get any of the stuff.  :lol:

If you are of an age when you were actually 'into' the Power Rangers, then you're still little in my book.

:lol: I was thinking the same thing. Heck, I thought I was young because I remembered Lassie as a forest ranger's dog rather than belonging to Timmy and June Lockhart...

:lol: I was thinking the same thing. Heck, I thought I was young because I remembered Lassie as a forest ranger's dog rather than belonging to Timmy and June Lockhart...

I remember when Lassie was owned by Jeff!

My sisters watched it every week, and even though I hated it I watched whatever was on!

Lassie was once a forest ranger's dog???

What? There was a Power Rangers movie?

Jesus, wait 'til my boy finds out :rolleyes:

Lost count of how many times I've heard Power Up!!!!!!

over the last few weeks.

The VHS of the movie is still lurking around my house somewhere. The release date was 1995. My then 3-year old boy loved it dearly.

In the late 70s, when I was a huge Kiss fan, I watched the most awful piece of movie trash ever created. I didn't recognize it as such at the time, but a couple of years ago ran across it at about 2AM on some shameless excuse for a cable channel.

KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park (1978)

32m.jpg

But now I'm forced to check out Showgirls just to be sure.

Kiss Meets the Phantom movie is truly awful. They were all high when they made it, they couldn't act and the plot and script were garbage. Either Ace or Peter Criss had their voices dubbed throughout the movie because they were so bad. Ace didn't even show up half the time, and you can see scenes where suddenly he is a large black man (a poorly chosen double). What a piece of garbage!!! I remember waiting for this to be on TV when I was a kid - what a disappointment. :blink: