--- title edited by moderator ---

Guest ariceffron

Thanks, Dizzy!

Now let me repeat my post from over there, as che was kind enough to advise me over there was not the right place:

[...]

che: get real! you step in here, barely a month back, and now you're posting that you know our personalities and other nice things. And telling me I'm a blockhead after YOU went overboard with antisemite thoughts over here...

You know, long before you joined this group, we have had discussions of topics related to the shoah and to World War II and to Israel and its politics. These were always conducted in a civilised and friendly manner, everybody being careful as to not offend the others and searching for words and trying to express his notions in a thoughtful manner. This seems to have come to an end. You'd be lying if you want to maintain you DID post in civilised and friendly manner, and you'd be lying if you'd want to state that you are ringing for words on these difficult topics. Just shoot ahead, others will take care of the cleaning up later, huh?

The part I deleted is not of any meaning in this new context here.

ubu (major bully from zurich - those swiss are all nazis, anyway, didn't you know?)

I was in Bern and Basel recently such a great place and I also work with a Swiss psychotherapist

The Swiss are Nazi's ? I think you have some serious historical gaps in your knowledge.

Now Nazi gold and Swiss banks now that is another matter altogether B-)

Che.

C'mon, you don't know sh*t about me, my personality, what I know and what not, and I suppose your insight into Swiss politics and history are, well...

As for your insights into the history of the Jewish people and the shoah, you have proven already that you have no clue. :angry:

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not the first banning go around for Aric, we all know that.

Threats of death aside, let's not forget he has said some stupid, insulting, and offensive things in recent times. I know Jim has had do delete several posts made by Aric to Warne Marsh's son about greed and I believe the "sandnigger" posts were eliminated as well.

Those are just a few that come to mind.

Aric was not the magic fucking glue that made this place work and held shit together. As I said before, he was indeed a character, but what the hell did he expect? The guy obviously crossed the line. Was he provoked? Hell yes,

but the guy snapped like a little punk.

I never thought I would see the day that people valued his input so much. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Dizzy!

Now let me repeat my post from over there, as che was kind enough to advise me over there was not the right place:

[...]

che: get real! you step in here, barely a month back, and now you're posting that you know our personalities and other nice things. And telling me I'm a blockhead after YOU went overboard with antisemite thoughts over here...

You know, long before you joined this group, we have had discussions of topics related to the shoah and to World War II and to Israel and its politics. These were always conducted in a civilised and friendly manner, everybody being careful as to not offend the others and searching for words and trying to express his notions in a thoughtful manner. This seems to have come to an end. You'd be lying if you want to maintain you DID post in civilised and friendly manner, and you'd be lying if you'd want to state that you are ringing for words on these difficult topics. Just shoot ahead, others will take care of the cleaning up later, huh?

ubu (major bully from zurich - those swiss are all nazis, anyway, didn't you know?)

:tup

I support what ubu is saying here.

I stay out of the Politics Forum, for the most part, and don't care to read what goes on in there but, once someone starts posting anti-semitic garbage, steps need to be taken. In my opinion, any posts that are racist, sexist, anti-semitic, etc. are attacks upon some of our fellow posters, specifically, and offensive to (most of) the rest of us.

If these racist posts keep getting spewed on the board I would hope that b3-er would delete them and ban the person posting them.

Beyond that, everyone should really take a step back and take a deep breath. There is way too much negative junk on the board recently. How about, rather than attacking another poster or getting worked up because of some interpersonal issues of people most of us have never met we all spent the same time and effort posting on an album we love or giving some recognition to an artist who hasn't been discussed recently.

It would make the board a lot nicer place to hang at and maybe some of the people who are currently taking timeouts from here will come on back.

Sheesh! Chill out folks!  :blink:

7/4 - most of the times such things happen here I do just that: grab a beer and chill out, put on some nice music and forget.

But hey, read the Atzmon thread and tell me who here is uttering crap (and dangerous crap, at that) and also tell me who has no manners and who is not able to live up to a meaningful and polite discourse.

I won't cool down right now. Rather I take my hat.

Your bullying tactics do not work with some people, no matter how hard you try. You have show little understanding of words like ' polite' and 'discourse'

Che.

Man, I can't bring myself to care that Aric was banned...yet there is 4-5 more pages since last night! Jim did the right thing already! SS1 doesn't cause trouble with anyone else, it just stuck in his craw that this punk ripped him off, and didn't even care. I'll start a thread asking if any naked, gay, Asian band singers who had sex with Warne Marsh while watching Greta Garbo in Queen Christina, if that will help people cope better with the "loss" :rolleyes:

Besides people, your time could be much better spent...helping me! I posted a thread a few days back on a boppish Tenor solo on a Jimmy Dorsey side called Murderistic. Somebody must know the real scoop. Help me!!!!!!!!!!! Aric is the past, I am the future! :P

Thanks, Dizzy!

[...]

I stay out of the Politics Forum, for the most part, and don't care to read what goes on in there but, once someone starts posting anti-semitic garbage, steps need to be taken. In my opinion, any posts that are racist, sexist, anti-semitic, etc. are attacks upon some of our fellow posters, specifically, and offensive to (most of) the rest of us.

If these racist posts keep getting spewed on the board I would hope that b3-er would delete them and ban the person posting them.

Beyond that, everyone should really take a step back and take a deep breath. There is way too much negative junk on the board recently. How about, rather than attacking another poster or getting worked up because of some interpersonal issues of people most of us have never met we all spent the same time and effort posting on an album we love or giving some recognition to an artist who hasn't been discussed recently.

It would make the board a lot nicer place to hang at and maybe some of the people who are currently taking timeouts from here will come on back.

Ok John I will even with you.

Show me in my posts the points at which you think I was anti-semitic? I would like you to do this and we can continue the debate.

Che.

Guest DizzySpells

This is not the first banning go around for Aric, we all know that.

Threats of death aside, let's not forget he has said some stupid, insulting, and offensive things in recent times. I know Jim has had do delete several posts made by Aric to Warne Marsh's son about greed and I believe the "sandnigger" posts were eliminated as well.

Those are just a few that come to mind.

Aric was not the magic fucking glue that made this place work and held shit together. As I said before, he was indeed a character, but what the hell did he expect? The guy obviously crossed the line. Was he provoked? Hell yes,

but the guy snapped like a little punk.

I never thought I would see the day that people valued his input so much. :rolleyes:

Aric is not the problem here.

Neither is Che.

But the two taken together, plus a changed general attitude brought about by some, plus the continous ignoring practiced by others who like to pull out the same "Chill out", "Get a life", "This board is not important", etc. phrases are ruining the atmosphere on this board ... and then some.

Too many people don't care here if other members are insulted and if the whole board is smeared with crap posts. They just sit back and ignore the stuff, wishing it away. Try reading back to around October or so and see how much has gone away. None of it. It's just growing, day by day.

Thanks, Dizzy!

[...]

Show me in my posts the points at which you think I was anti-semitic? I would like you to do this and we can continue the debate.

Che.

che: my above post contained no bullying.

you have been told over in that thread where you made anti-semitic statements.

someone over there even bravely tried to discuss with you.

you did reply to those post, but did you relate to what was being said?

Thanks, Dizzy!

[...]

Che.

che: my above post contained no bullying.

you have been told over in that thread where you made anti-semitic statements.

someone over there even bravely tried to discuss with you.

you did reply to those post, but did you relate to what was being said?

I am not anti-semitic, you think I am so go ahead and try and prove it, because that is what you want to do. I painted a different picture than you did, I used different arguments, I quoted Norman Finkelstein and Noam Chomsky, two very prominant Jews who also have a different view to you. I highlighted the way, the abuses that Israel has heaped on the Palistinians etc etc

You chose to ignore their views and my views and tried to bully your way around the thread, I will not accept you abusive and bullying tactics.

Che.

Here's the bottom line for Che:

Our HOST declared that you were OUT OF LINE and ON A SHORT LEASH. You would be wise to recognize that.

Do not try and threaten me.

Che.

Guest DizzySpells

Here's the bottom line for Che:

Our HOST declared that you were OUT OF LINE and ON A SHORT LEASH.  You would be wise to recognize that.

Do not try and threaten me.

Che.

Napoleon%20Egypt%201798%207.jpg

Would someone please link to exactly which posts of the poster Che are claimed to be most egregiously anti-Semitic and the most egregious personal insults? Since there are no post numbers on this board, citing the time stamp would help so one wouldn't have to slog through whole pages.

Would someone please link to exactly which posts of the poster Che are claimed to be most egregiously anti-Semitic and the most egregious personal insults? Since there are no post numbers on this board, citing the time stamp would help so one wouldn't have to slog through whole pages.

Just read the thread I linked in my post, it has been pointed out there clearly (not by me, first, by the way).

This goes to che, too: why would I have to prove it again if you can read it over there, yourself?

And this post is not a bullying one, neither, btw.

Here's the link again:

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php...17265&hl=atzmon

Enjoy the ride!

ubu

Would someone please link to exactly which posts of the poster Che are claimed to be most egregiously anti-Semitic and the most egregious personal insults?  Since there are no post numbers on this board, citing the time stamp would help so one wouldn't have to slog through whole pages.

Just read the thread I linked in my post, it has been pointed out there clearly (not by me, first, by the way).

This goes to che, too: why would I have to prove it again if you can read it over there, yourself?

And this post is not a bullying one, neither, btw.

Here's the link again:

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php...17265&hl=atzmon

Enjoy the ride!

ubu

Pick out the bits that you think are anti-semitic, answer the questions, you will not bully me like you do others.

Che.

There's no threat involved. Its a simple observation: Your HOST - the guy who just demonstrated his power to BAN - told you you're on a short leash. Aric was warned as well. He didn't heed it.

Now, you keep bringing up the thread that led to your WARNING, and acting as if the fact that your posts were regarded as being out of line by YOUR HOST has no significance.

7/4 - most of the times such things happen here I do just that: grab a beer and chill out, put on some nice music and forget.

But hey, read the Atzmon thread and tell me who here is uttering crap (and dangerous crap, at that) and also tell me who has no manners and who is not able to live up to a meaningful and polite discourse.

pm sent.

Am I bullying someone by merely pointing the way?

And now che - c'mon, you are able to read, so go read yoursefl, I'm too tired of this. The answers are there, just look for them yourself, bully or not, I'm not your momma who has to serve everything on a silver tray.

Again I maintain, this is not bullying anyone. If someone besides che thinks I'm bullying them (he said I won't be able to bully the others ones as I did bully him), please speak up and tell me!

It would also be nice if some stood up and says that I'm no bully. Hey, we've hanged around here together for two years now...

There's no threat involved. Its a simple observation: Your HOST - the guy who just demonstrated his power to BAN - told you you're on a short leash. Aric was warned as well. He didn't heed it.

Now, you keep bringing up the thread that led to your WARNING, and acting as if the fact that your posts were regarded as being out of line by YOUR HOST has no significance.

You are wrong, I did not bring up the thread check back and look at who is bringing up the thread time and time again. But because you like him and you do not like me, you are trying to have me removed from this list.

Che.

pm sent.

and replied...

thanks!

guys - this is starting to look alot like the last days of the blue note board, except instead of attacking some big corporate entity, we are starting to attack ourselves.

i am more of a lurker than a contributor, but i am on this board everday.

i would hate to see this fall apart.

the words of rodney king are necessary, "can't we all just get along?"

if i was spending my time and my money to run this board, and someone threatened me - guess what - they'd be gone.

jim is nice enough to run this thing for all of us, and he is not quick and irrational in his actions.

we all love jazz, and that love leads to alot of similar tastes and thoughts.

it's what we have in common and our differences that make this place so enjoyable.

i would hate to see this board to become so negative that jim decides to throw in the towel.

if anyone out there does not think they can get along with the others, i am sure there are other boards you can post on.