What a difference two days make...

Splendid little master control room you've got there! Reminds me of former Sen. Gordon Humphrey's (R-NH) Senate hideaway over in the Capitol bldg., bristling with all manner of screens and advanced tech gizmos. I've taken the liberty of forwarding to you the only thing that's missing from your walls. I'd suggest placing it beneath the clock. Enjoy! :g

once again, political nastiness creeping into other threads.......

Splendid little master control room you've got there!    Reminds me of former Sen. Gordon Humphrey's (R-NH) Senate hideaway over in the Capitol bldg., bristling with all manner of screens and advanced tech gizmos.  I've taken the liberty of forwarding to you the only thing that's missing from your walls.  I'd suggest placing it beneath the clock.  Enjoy!  :g

once again, political nastiness creeping into other threads.......

You're absolutely right, GregK--we must slap this leftwing Freud character around for deigning to make light sport of our sitting president!!! How DARE he sarcastically proffer that photo of our dear leader!!! Undoubtedly he is some sort of liberal snake-in-the-grass who must be smoked out and sent slithering into some other den of iniquity. Shall we join forces and deport this European radical back to his beloved Viennese stomping grounds??? :g

I'm 32 blocks north of the Dakota.

104th St and Central Park West, Chris? Guess ole Weizy isn't quite right, putting you as a high rent midtown kinda guy ...

True, Dan, but apartments in my building are going for as much as 3 million--and one of our doormen was wearing a genuine Rolex the other day, it flashed in the sun as he waved his chauffeur over at quittin' time. :g

A block north of me lies an interesting building from 1884. Its architecture is based on a French chateau and it was built by John Jacob Astor as New York's first cancer hospital (the genesis of Sloan-Kettering). It has been declared a landmark building and has undergone complete renovation to soon open as an apartment residence. The cost of these units is in the millions, so I guess the old neighborhood (where I have stayed put since 1963) is being positively luxuriated!

Check it out on this picture. I took it last August, from the roof of my building. That new tall building on the left is part of the complex.

Here's more on my new/old neighbor.

Edited by Christiern