Selling on Ebay

Is there any bigger rush (excluding crack) than selling something on Ebay?

What is it that makes it so exciting?

Last night I listed my Danelectro Dirty Thirty amp. They are out of production and I thought there might be some pent up demand.

Since listing it, I have checked on the bidding a least a dozen times. There are 6 days, 11 hours left and I've gotten one bid and met my reserve and I am absolutely giddy.

Why is this such a thrill?

Last night I listed my Danelectro Dirty Thirty amp. They are out of production and I thought there might be some pent up demand.

Since listing it, I have checked on the bidding a least a dozen times. There are 6 days, 11 hours left and I've gotten one bid and met my reserve and I am absolutely giddy.

I think it's a combination of things that lead to seller satisfaction on e-Bay. One, if your reserve is met, then you're most probably going to be receiving a higher price once bidding has ended then if you were to sell the equipment to a dealer who then must sell it to a customer; 2) you are selling the item to someone who genuinely wants it and is willing to pay your price (this goes for anyone who puts a reserve amount down, otherwise the point does not hold). It's a win-win for everybody.

I do that too.....it's still enormously fun!! I listed an old punk 7" a short time ago and knew it was in that scarce category.....picked up the lone bid like you early on and then nothing 'til a day out. Ended up going for $140...but half the fun was dropping in a half-zillion times to keep an eye on it. :excited:

Well, it's been a looooong time since I had anything go for real moola, but I once found a scratched, but playable MFSL jazz sampler-first gold cd go for $270 bucks in the last minute! :blink: But even things that only go for a few bucks that someone has been looking for in vain for years...well...that just makes my day! :)

Edited by BERIGAN

Ok, the thrill is GONE!

Some joker just listed an amp just like mine with their auction ending 30 min before mine!! :o

My amp looks like it's in better shape and shipping is $5 cheaper but why did they have to do that? Wouldn't it be better to wait till mine was over. Do they know anything about supply and demand?

To me it seems that ending before mine might make people think they could get a better deal on the later auction. But then again, I don't have an evil mind so I'm sure this is screwing me somehow! :angry:

Ok, the thrill is GONE!

Some joker just listed an amp just like mine with their auction ending 30 min before mine!! :o

My amp looks like it's in better shape and shipping is $5 cheaper but why did they have to do that? Wouldn't it be better to wait till mine was over. Do they know anything about supply and demand?

To me it seems that ending before mine might make people think they could get a better deal on the later auction. But then again, I don't have an evil mind so I'm sure this is screwing me somehow! :angry:

Da bastids!!!