Upgrading the board...

Jim Alfredson

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how you've made the board colors different when you enter the Political Forum. :tup

You know you're in Politics because it is red and blue. Game on! :D

Yet, when you come back to the regular forums, you get the peach and pastel colors. It's a good reminder that you've entered the friendly zone again. :tup

:rsmile:

Guest Chaney

Jim: Two features available at the JC that I like and wonder if they might be available here:

Is it possible to activate a feature allowing a person, while reading a particular thread, to search within that particular thread?

Also, let's say someone were to start a thread entitled has there ever been a big band... with a naked woman for the vocalist? and, trying mightily to restrain myself and NOT enter the thread, I do so anyway. At the JC, I could simply place my cursor over the thread title and in that way view the first post, thereby not having to enter the thread and contribute to the thread count.

Do-able?

Is it possible to activate a feature allowing a person, while reading a particular thread, to search within that particular thread?

Chaney, the way I currently do this at Organissimo is:

Scroll to the top of the page and click "print this topic" (it should be in the upper right hand corner). It won't really print right away -- don't worry -- it will just put the whole thread (all 5 or 17 or 1177 pages) into one long HTML "page".

Then, type "CTRL-F" (hold down "CTRL" while you also type "f") and you'll get a little pop-up that says "Find what: ______________". You can type the word(s) you're looking for in the blank, choose "search up" or "search down". You can also get this option by going to "Edit" -- and then "Find on this Page" -- on your browser tool bar.

Guest Chaney

Thanks maren.

Thanks works nicely but it may have its limitations on longer threads, such as Funny Rat. When I try it there, the print version runs through December 2003 only.

Kevin, I haven't actually upgraded to 2.0 yet. I've been messing with the graphics, re-familiarizing myself with how to change the colors, etc. since custom skins are non-transferable from 1.3 to 2.0. Also, I've just been having fun!

I still have not received confirmation as to whether the site has been transfered to a new server, which is imperative before I can install 2.0. I'm getting a little frustrated.