Upgrading the board...

Jim Alfredson

Sorry for the mix up tonight, folks. I tried to update our forums from Invision Power Board version 1.3 to version 2.0.3 by myself, but soon found out, after wiping a bunch of the files and uploading the new installer, that I could not continue with the installation until Bytehosting, who hosts this site, turns on xml commands in php.

I bought a registered copy of version 2.0, which adds some nifty new features. I will contact Bytehosting tomorrow about the xml problem and I will try to upgrade the board again tomorrow night at 12:00am Eastern Standard Time, unless otherwise noted here.

Again, I apologize for shutting the board down on short notice. I didn't think it would take me long to update the software.

Thanks for your understanding!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jim, for all your hard work maintaining the board!!

You mentioned that you "bought" the new software. Might we ask how much that cost?? Or, are board-donations at least mostly covering your expenses related to this place a bunch of us call home??

Speaking of which, I was just thinking about hitting the old "dollar.gifDonate" button again myself.

Thanks again Jim!! :)

I bought the new software with money donated in February. It was $69.99 for a one year license. After one year, we do not need to re-license it, we just lose tech support. I figure after a year, all the bugs should be ironed out anyhow.

I'm excited to get version 2.0 up and running. It has some really great moderation features for me, the coveted "ignore" feature for you guys, plus some other cool stuff.

Guest DizzySpells

Cheers!

ernaehrung004.gif

Well-said:

aktion033.gif

For the various love days:

liebe028.gif

For those days that aren't going well:

jumping-smiley-011.gif

Various music smileys:

music-smiley-004.gif

music-smiley-005.gif