7/4

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

More youtubery, this time some vintage Barney Kessel, I really like his playing, bluesy, direct and no fluff or waste and the fact that he is seriously cool. Modest while talking about playing with Ricky Nelson and Elvis Presley, he's also on "Pet Sounds" by the way.

Barney Kessel in conversation.

Barney Kessel - "Our Day Will Come".

Barney Kessel - "Like Someone in Love".

Barney Kessel - "Recado Bossa Nova".

Barney Kessel - "Make Someone Happy".

Barney Kessel - "Love For Sale".

Barney Kessel - "One Mint Julep".

He rocks!!!

After checking out some of the "The Subject is Jazz" clips on good ol' youtube from Larry's thread, I came accross some very nice Mundell Lowe clips. I think that's a "real" D'Angelico he is using, ie one made by John D'Angelico. :D:D:D

Mundell Lowe

I just ordered a couple of guitar ensemble charts arranged by Mundell for the studio class I'm teaching. Not very familiar with him, but I like what I'm hearing.

After checking out some of the "The Subject is Jazz" clips on good ol' youtube from Larry's thread, I came accross some very nice Mundell Lowe clips. I think that's a "real" D'Angelico he is using, ie one made by John D'Angelico. :D:D:D

Mundell Lowe

I just ordered a couple of guitar ensemble charts arranged by Mundell for the studio class I'm teaching. Not very familiar with him, but I like what I'm hearing.

If you do a search on youtube there's loads more of him, including duets with Louis Stewart, who lives here in Ireland, and seems to gig fairly regularly in Dublin yet I've still not gone to see him. Yes, I am an arsehole.

just, by the way, acquired the greatest amp head ever - based on a 5C3, which was the first Fender Deluxe tweed circuit (preceded the 5D3 and the 5E3) - this baby sings, grit and fire -

also, by the way, found the best amp guy I ever used (and who fixed the 5c3 for me after someone else botched it up): Dan Lurie in South Burlington, Vermont - great guy who does great work - contact me if you need some done - I'll get you his contact info -