LF: lennie niehaus OCJ's...

i'm looking for any of the lennie niehaus OJC titles on disc and would be willing to purchase or trade something of equality for them.

the titles are:

volume 1 - quintets

volume 2 - zounds!

volume 3 - the octet #2

volume 4 - the quintets + strings

volume 5 - sextet

kind regards,

-e-

well of course they're all in print and available from every retailer imaginable, but before i resort to pure commerce i thought i'd see if i could set up a win-win here at home...

:tup ,

-e-

I have them all and wouldn't think of parting with any of them. The arrangements are wonderful and Niehaus is one of the unheralded terrific alto players of the '50s.

Don't freak out etherboard....if you can't find any Niehaus, I'll sell ya a bunch of Howard Rumsey/Lighthouse cassettes -- material is just as good! :P

Truthfully, I think that LN's 'I Remember You' is one of the greatest numbers known to man. I would say that fully 75% of the comp cds that I make for parties, car, gifts for a kids teacher, etc....have it on there.

Truthfully, I think that LN's 'I Remember You' is one of the greatest numbers known to man. I would say that fully 75% of the comp cds that I make for parties, car, gifts for a kids teacher, etc....have it on there.

He's got some stiff competition on alto when it comes to that standard, i.e., Bird on Verve, Jackie Mac on SWING, SWANG, SWINGIN'. As much as I dig Niehaus, I don't remember his version of "..April" sticking out as much as it does for you. I'll give another listen pronto!

Try and pick up "I Swing for you" on Mercury vinyl as well. One of my favorites!!

Lennie and Curtis Counce are two of my most underrated faves. I find the Howard Rumsey stuff a little more hit & miss myself.

Big Len Fan (pre Hollywood of course : )

Edited by cool_blue

They also have the Mike Cuozzo 'MM' Savoy mini-lp for $9.99 which is completely insane. Ball, Costa & Clarke for $9.99? Waste not a moment...

still has that strange distortion on the vibes though... then again, I am the only one hearing that, and the music is fantastic, so jump, don't run!

• 10 months later...