Oscars

Eric

not me

the whole thing seems pretty absurd to me

why don't we have a TV show celebrating the best teachers of the year? or most impactful charities? or spiritual leaders?

of course I know why we don't and that's why I don't give a crap about the Oscars ...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why don't we have a TV show celebrating the best teachers of the year?  or most impactful charities?  or spiritual leaders?

I agree with you about the Oscars. I won't be watching.

The answer to your question is: because they don't make millions of dollars for the folks who work in and around the city of Hollywood, California.

But...but...but...

We've got to honor our gods... or at least let them honor themselves.

Remember... they are BETTER than the rest of us. ;)

I love good filmmaking (and bad for that matter) and I'm happy to see people get credit for their hard work; but the fact that most people would think you're crazy to not watch the Oscars seems really silly. I've watched enough Entertainment Tonight with my wife to know how bizarro our world is. We don't know our neighbors, but we know all the details of Brad and Jen's split...

No wonder we have a chimp in the White House.

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

No matter how much effort I will place on NOT watching the Oscars... my pick is Million Dollar Baby.

I like Clint Eastwood and enjoyed his latest movie very much. When Clint finally grows too old, we won't get movies quite as good as this anymore. The movie reminded me of a modern day western. Clint is still playing the man with no name.

I love good filmmaking (and bad for that matter) and I'm happy to see people get credit for their hard work; but the fact that most people would think you're crazy to not watch the Oscars seems really silly.

:tup:tup:tup:tup:tup:tup:tup:tup:tup:tup

Just think of what people think of me when I tell them I have not watched television for years. :o

I get all my important info at the grocery check out line. :D

I love good filmmaking (and bad for that matter) and I'm happy to see people get credit for their hard work; but the fact that most people would think you're crazy to not watch the Oscars seems really silly.

:tup:tup:tup:tup:tup:tup:tup:tup:tup:tup

Just think of what people think of me when I tell them I have not watched television for years. :o

I get all my important info at the grocery check out line. :D

:lol:

I went years without TV. It was reintroduced into my life when I got married. :(

I do enjoy some shows, but I'd be happier if I could just crank the stereo and listen to music instead.

:lol:

I went years without TV. It was reintroduced into my life when I got married. :(

I do enjoy some shows, but I'd be happier if I could just crank the stereo and listen to music instead.

yes and otherwise experience a happy REALITY with family, friends, co-workers (as necessary :P ) ...