Membership here is growing fast.

Hardbopjazz

Yeah. "Alternative Ulster" brings back lots of memories. Some of the other stuff they did though I have problems listening to today. But, heck, I enjoyed it then!

"Jimmy Jimmy" ... too much "wave" stuff going on for my taste with the Undertones, but still a cool bunch back then. Didn't they do a reunion tour last year? Think so. I recall seeing some ads for concerts around Germany just around this time last year?

Cheers!

The song 'Jimmy Jimmy' was very resonant for me, a boy lost in a confused world. When he was taken away who cared for Jimmy/

Che.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Alarm and groups like 'Big Country' took the punk revolution a liitle further.

Che.

I loved the Alarm.

In fact, my first CD was an Alarm album.

Declaration was a classic in my book. I thought Strength was pretty good too. I remember when they played a free concert at UCLA in '86 with a another favorite band of mine, The Long Ryders.

:g

I remember seeing Big Country after their second album came out. That was a good show.

Edited by AfricaBrass

I thought those groups were new wave groups.

AMG says Big Country is new wave, pop/rock, adult alternative.

That's my point. Those guys were about as punk as U2.

The lead singer of Big Country Stuart Adamson was also the lead singer of the Skids, re 'Into The Valley' and 'Working For The Yankee Dollar' A post punk band!

Che.