How many of us does this apply to?

Hardbopjazz

Ah, but some women will pretend to pass the test.

If only I had known. It's not just women who pretend to pass the test.

I stayed married to a man, for years who, while professing to like jazz and classic rock, with a smattering of flamenco and classical music, was clandestinely listening to Creedence Clearwater and [gasp!!] rural accordian music, as well as being a devotee of the Laurence Welk Show. [i know that Peanuts Hucko played for Welk, but the polka music was too much for me to bear :wacko: ]

I had a hint of this aberration, early in our relationship which should have been a red flag. One evening I had chosen some Hartman and Bill Doggett to accompany an anticipated evening of mutual affection. He walked over to the stereo and TURNED IT OFF!!!

Still, I held out hope for him.

The lesson seems to be that there is a chance for them to wake up to the beauty of good music, but don't wait forever for it to happen. :blink:

Edited by patricia

As I was reading the thread, I thought, how come the posts are so male dominant, and then I saw Patricia's post. That gave it some balance, but still so skewed...

I know it is all in jest but Patricia, I didn't see much smilees there, so I hope taste in music did not get in the way of relationship....

As  I was reading the thread, I thought, how come the posts are so male dominant, and then  I  saw Patricia's post.  That gave it some balance, but still so skewed...

I  know it is all in jest but Patricia, I didn't  see  much smilees there, so I hope taste in music did not get in  the way of relationship....

No, there were no smilies. I neglected to say that I was referring to my ex. As much my fault as his, if only because the evidence was there, but I chose to ignore it.

Lovely man. Wonderful father. Great sense of humour, HORRIBLE taste in music, literature and art. Years, not wasted, but I should have paid attention to the early signs. Doomed from the start.

Edited by patricia