Complete Bill Evans on Verve

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey how did I get involved in this? :huh::o^_^

I maintain: You can call me Lon, and you can call me Lonnie, but you don't have to call me Lonson! (Isn't that sort of how it goes?)

Better talk to Ronnie of Philly or (a la Hank) Ronnie of Chester ;)

Hey how did I get involved in this? :huh:  :o  ^_^

I maintain:  You can call me Lon, and you can call me Lonnie, but you don't have to call me Lonson! (Isn't that sort of how it goes?)

Hank? Chester? confused2.gif

You can include me among those who got the $99 special-came today. The good news is it came and that the cds appear clean and without foreign substances. The bad news is that the outer box is so rusty that my fingers are discolored just from trying to open it. The wonderment of it all-have to think the genius packager of this baby is otherwise employed.

Hey how did I get involved in this? :huh:  :o  ^_^

I maintain:  You can call me Lon, and you can call me Lonnie, but you don't have to call me Lonson! (Isn't that sort of how it goes?)

Hank? Chester? confused2.gif

Oops, I meant to a la Lee, not a la Hank.

Have you heard of Lee's song, Reggie of Chester?

NOW I have. :g

Actually, Brad, although Lee recorded it, a little research on the net has just revealed that the song was written by the man I saw live last weekend, Benny Golson. :excited:

Lucky you. Was he in Philly?

• 2 weeks later...

The thread that refuses to die is back. I received my box today. What an incredibly studid idea for packaging. The metal case is lame and so are the holders for the cds and the book. There's some rust and one if the cds has some scratches. I'll be tossing that metal case and buying cd cases.

You may now resume your normal programming.

The thread that refuses to die is back.  I received my box today.  What an incredibly studid idea for packaging.  The metal case is lame and so are the holders for the cds and the book.  There's some rust and one if the cds has some scratches.  I'll be tossing that metal case and buying cd cases. 

You may now resume your normal programming.

That's OK. Rust Never Sleeps.

Oh Jesus...am I going to get detention for this, Brad? ;)

The "work" = the principal of the matter.....which is a different story. Sorry Brad, but it makes no sense to me to spend money in order that I might then toss half of the set -- discard both the box and ridiculous cd holder/sleeve -- in favor of a rack of generic jewel boxes that won't have any tray inserts, etc. I'd much rather get my money back and pick up some quality Jap. import discs...or a fistful of Mosaic Selects.

Signed, Gomer (now listening to a burn of cd #3 B-) )

I was wondering - and I'm being curious, not cocky, but did you not know about the nature of the packaging before your purchase?

I believe many of us spoke of that beforehand.

For my set, I was wondering just how much rust would be on mine - maybe use it as a fancy art object after emptying it's contents :P

...but, luckily, there's only a small bit of rust...and the booklet is still nice.

Oh Jesus...am I going to get detention for this, Brad?  ;) 

The "work" = the principal of the matter.....which is a different story.    Sorry Brad, but it makes no sense to me to spend money in order that I might then toss half of the set -- discard both the box and ridiculous cd holder/sleeve -- in favor of a rack of generic jewel boxes that won't have any tray inserts, etc.    I'd much rather get my money back and pick up some quality Jap. import discs...or a fistful of Mosaic Selects.

Signed, Gomer (now listening to a burn of cd #3  B-)  )

At ease, at ease. Oops, wrong movie. Actually, now that I think about it, maybe your brain's not that adled.

Edited by Brad