which mosaic set are you NOT enjoying...?

i'll tell you which mosaic set i'm not enjoying right now: #221 (the complete verve gerry mulligan concert jazz band)... :rhappy:

i was thinking this should have been delivered some time ago and rang mosaic who told me that DHL delivered it to my address on january 17th and obtained the requisite signature. i then called DHL and discovered that they *didn't* obtain a signature and left the parcel "at the door", whatever that means (as i live in a large building).

mosaic, being the class act they are, is sending a replacement to my office overnight, to be here tomorrow a.m.

after years in the same building, notwithstanding a year in tokyo, this is the first time a package has gone missing. :(

sorry for the rant,

-e-

I hope that Mosaic goes after DHL. Seems that's where the fault lies. If a signature was required and one was not obtained, the shipper should bear the loss. I've had a couple of experiences with DHL through Amazon and have been less than impressed by their speed and their online tracking information.

Have you walked the halls of your building listening for the sounds of Mulligan.... <_<

and BTW, after speaking with cindy @ mosiac they have files a claim with DHL...

i guess maybe i should have all future orders delivered to my office (?).

-e-

I've been in my new house for over three months now but I still have all deliveries made to the office. For a couple of reasons: 1) security - I have far fewer concerns now that I have my own place, but there is still a degree of risk with something sitting outside all day 2) I am at the office during the day when the delivery is made and can play whatever I get right out of the box. No waiting until the end of the day.

that's very true, but since i work in a suburb i always wonder if it wouldn't take 'em an extra day or so to get it out here (vs where i live in the city center).

and BTW, can i specify that mosaic use another carrier besides DHL...?

-e-

They ship pretty quickly- I don't think that being in a suburb makes much,if any difference.

-e-

I've been in my new house for over three months now but I still have all deliveries made to the office. For a couple of reasons: 1) security - I have far fewer concerns now that I have my own place, but there is still a degree of risk with something sitting outside all day 2) I am at the office during the day when the delivery is made and can play whatever I get right out of the box. No waiting until the end of the day.

You forgot 3) I have time to plan exactly how I'm going to get this latest Mosaic box onto the shelves before the wife realizes it's here, reducing the chance of her noticing I've bought another one... :w

-e-

You forgot 3) I have time to plan exactly how I'm going to get this latest Mosaic box onto the shelves before the wife realizes it's here, reducing the chance of her noticing I've bought another one... :w

Jazzmoose's wife on the trail of a newly purchased Mosaic:

0brit.jpg

I hope that Mosaic goes after DHL. Seems that's where the fault lies. If a signature was required and one was not obtained, the shipper should bear the loss. I've had a couple of experiences with DHL through Amazon and have been less than impressed by their speed and their online tracking information.

Have you walked the halls of your building listening for the sounds of Mulligan.... <_<

They don't have anywhere near the data infrastructure and information systems managment that UPS and FedEx have (says my engineering grad student roommate). In fact, this recent push by DHL to become more visible in the shipping market is surprising given the relative hegemony of these two and the Postal Service.