NE Patriots @ Pittsburgh Steelers

Who will win this game?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, I think it's going to be a great game...the "real" superbowl since I don't believe either the Eagles or Falcons can beat the eventual winner of this one.

I'm going to have to take Pittsburgh. I think it's their time, they've had a great season and I don't believe Big Ben will repeat the same mistakes as last week. I agreee that Corey Dillon could be a deciding factor in this game...although he's up against a team that doesn't exactly give up much running yardage. Then there is the two pronged running attack of Bettis & Staley...if Pittsburgh is able to play the same strategy that the Pats did against' the Colts last week (hold on to the ball and run out the clock)...they'll come out on top.

I'm going for the Pats though I didn't vote.

Everybody already knows who I would pick anyway.

I think we'll see Richard Seymour out there today. Pats strategy will be to jump out to a big lead if possible in order to take the running game away from Pittsburgh. Force Big Ben to put it up in the air. Rodney Harrison will come up to help stop the run. Maybe two tight end sets to help out blocking the Pittsburgh linebackers. I think we've got to get some kind of a pass rush from the outside linebackers, Willie Mcginnest, Mike Vrabel and Roosevelt Colvin.

Watch the special teams unit as well. Pats will try to gain yardage on punt and kick returns.

Steelers are tuff!

Oh that 'ol 'tuck' rule still got ya hot under the collar?  :g  :P

I may never forgive the Pats. :rmad:

Seriously, it should be a great game. May the best team win!

It's unnatural to have football enemies outside your own division, Noj.

If I were you guys, I'd focus on the Chiefs and Chargers and Broncks. ;)

When I was a boy, the Boston Patriots were my favorite team. My favorite players were Babe Parilli and Gino Cappbaletti.

They lost a lot in my book when they changed their name to New England, which sounds to me like a roller derby team. And they really lost a lot when they changed their colors and logo, so much so that it just isn't the same for me now. Of course, I've grown up since forty years ago too.

I'm picking the Patriots today, because I'm not convinced that Roethlisberger's thumb is adequately healed. The guy is hurting.

Oh that 'ol 'tuck' rule still got ya hot under the collar?  :g   :P

I may never forgive the Pats. :rmad:

Seriously, it should be a great game. May the best team win!

It's unnatural to have football enemies outside your own division, Noj.

If I were you guys, I'd focus on the Chiefs and Chargers and Broncks. ;)

Oh, I hate those three teams too, Paul. I hate every team that isn't the Raiders or the Rams. In fact, I'd be pleased if somehow the Pats and Steelers would both lose.

If the Pats got rid of the Bush-suck-up QB, I wouldn't hate them. Last year's SB win was okay, since Larry Centers got a ring out of it. But if the Pats get through the Steelers, I hope TO and McNabb get a chance to destroy them.

Edit: Man that sounds humorless upon re-reading. I honestly don't care who wins this one. I just grow weary of the Pats. And the campaign appearances. Rothlisburger's "play for Jesus" thing bugs me too. Battle on, kids!

But what do I know? I'm a Redskins fan. aka "chump".

Edited by sjarrell

Looking good at the moment, 31-10. :g

But I am not convinced that the winner of this game will coast in the Super Bowl. Philadelphia's a pretty darn good team. Does anyone know for sure if T.O. will be ready for the Super Bowl?

It'll be pretty damn cool though if New England is the champions of baseball and football!

Pats strategy will be to jump out to a big lead if possible in order to take the running game away from Pittsburgh. Force Big Ben to put it up in the air.

There it is! I am positive that this is what Bill Belichick told his players; and they did it.

Tom Brady had a great game. Cool as a cucumber.

Deion Branch showed his athleticism. Corey Dillon was barely a factor proving all the pundits wrong who said that Dillon had to have 100+ yards for the Pats to have a chance.

Big Ben will be great for many years to come, but right now we're in the midst of our "dynasty." :P

Ss1 just won $40, the lucky fellow. I won just a bagel! I don't bet much! :P

You cheaters deserve to lose. It was a FUMBLE and you know it! :rmad:;)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't care if it was or wasn't a fumble. It was balanced the karma for that atrocious "roughing the passer" back in '76.

And remember, the league reviewed that "tuck rule" fumble in the offseason of that year, said it was called correctly and even refused to modify the rule. It's still in place.

Later,

Kevin

You cheaters deserve to lose.  It was a FUMBLE and you know it!  :rmad:  ;)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't care if it was or wasn't a fumble. It was balanced the karma for that atrocious "roughing the passer" back in '76.

And remember, the league reviewed that "tuck rule" fumble in the offseason of that year, said it was called correctly and even refused to modify the rule. It's still in place.

Later,

Kevin

I can dig the '76 reference, but to actually argue that that was not a fumble is downright Bushian.

Regardless of who you wanted in this one, you can't deny that Brady is a monster under pressure. The Pats looked awesome I must say.

Young Ben will live to fight another day. He has a bright future IMHO and had an amazing year. I'll be sorry to see the Bus retire, if that rumor's true. Sounds like the wheels might be coming off.

Regarding Philly, if TO plays in the Super bowl I wonder how rusty he might be. He might be a non-factor or even a hinderance, though I hope that's not the case.

You cheaters deserve to lose.  It was a FUMBLE and you know it!  :rmad:  ;)

Noj is too young to remember that, Kevin!

Boy, I remember it though. It was a heartbreaker.