new Eric Alexander / Mike Ledonne

jlhoots

• 5 months later...

Oh hell ... I saw the Dr. Lonnie Smith release, and a Ryan Kiso-Ian Hendrickson Smith live date and said F-it and just ordered them. Does anyone know why the Eric Alexander is "unavailable"? Is it possible there's a question about him recording for a different label and maybe its being pulled?

Oh hell ... I saw the Dr. Lonnie Smith release, and a Ryan Kiso-Ian Hendrickson Smith live date and said F-it and just ordered them.  Does anyone know why the Eric Alexander is "unavailable"?  Is it possible there's a question about him recording for a different label and maybe its being pulled?

Don't know for sure, but maybe they're just waiting for a new pressing. If it was a label problem, wouldn't they just delete it from the site altogether?

Oh hell ... I saw the Dr. Lonnie Smith release, and a Ryan Kiso-Ian Hendrickson Smith live date and said F-it and just ordered them.  Does anyone know why the Eric Alexander is "unavailable"?  Is it possible there's a question about him recording for a different label and maybe its being pulled?

Don't know for sure, but maybe they're just waiting for a new pressing. If it was a label problem, wouldn't they just delete it from the site altogether?

Maybe its a language thing ... if it was an issue of being out of stock, I'd say "temporarily out of stock" so "unavailable" had me wondering if it was something else. You're probably right though, I doubt they'd release it unless they had their I's dotted and T's crossed.

In the meantime, I'll just listen to the same group on "Smokin' Out Loud". :g

The Dr. Lonnie Smith CD on Cellar Live is a KILLER. Best version of Mama's Got A Complex he's done on CD...super funky.

Ian Henderickson Smith is just top-notch...flying just under the radar in NYC except at Smoke it seems. His time will come, he's amazing. A hard bop hero.

Does anyone know why the Eric Alexander is "unavailable"?  Is it possible there's a question about him recording for a different label and maybe its being pulled?

In trying to determine the status of my Cellar Live order, I finally got a response from Cory Weeds, and I asked about the Eric Alexander disc. Turns out there was an issue of a "contractual breach" and then he basically said, so it won't be available anymore but stay tuned because it might be.

Sounds to me like they're trying to work a deal to sell whatever is left from the first run of CDs, so hopefully this will be available at some point, but anyone who wants it better watch the website and act fast if it comes back.

If you're interested in this Mike LeDonne CD from Cellar Door, I'd E-mail Cory soon. The response I got from him seemed to indicate that he would never be able to run another pressing of this disc because of legalities. It's worth E-mailing him to see if he gets any returns. He's trying to get me a copy now.

Later,

Kevin