Organissimo Baby Boom

Date of conception for a baby born Jan 10 is more like April 20th. That would be if you went to 40 full weeks gestation. Could even be later if the baby comes a little early.

Two of my kids were conceived in March and were born October. The third was conceived in May and delivered Dec 31. All were a couple weeks early at least however.

Interesting note (maybe not)

OB GYNs count gestation from last menstrual period rather than from ovulation because ovulation can be so variable and most ladies can tell you when their last period was. So really they are counting two weeks (between mentruation and ovulation) that there is no pregnancy! Length of gestation is really 38 weeks.

If you want to count from last menstrual period fine, but find another term for it. Don't call it weeks of gestation!

Date of conception for a baby born Jan 10 is more like April 20th. That would be if you went to 40 full weeks gestation. Could even be later if the baby comes a little early.

Two of my kids were conceived in March and were born October. The third was conceived in May and delivered Dec 31. All were a couple weeks early at least however.

As one of those conceived in May, I thank you! :lol::g

Thanks Scott! :lol: