Six Feet Under

Haven't seen it, as we're too cheap to get anything other than just basic cable.

But I loved Sports Night (I understand the same actor, Peter Krause, who is the lead(?) in Six Feet Under was one of the leads in Sports Night), and hope to see it someday, perhaps as a rental on DVD???

Don't know anything about it, though. Do tell!!!

75-4546-sm.jpgsportsnight_001.jpg

Nice to know there are others who like the show. I've had my eye on the first season DVD set. Haven't been able to justify buying it yet. Somehow other things like BILLS get in the way.

Don't buy it, just rent it from the video store. My wife and I did that and we went on a week long Six Feet Under binge. 15 one-hour episodes in one week! We were watching three and four at a time! They are addictive boy. Probably the best writing and acting in a television series I've ever seen. They should be coming out with season 2 on DVD soon. :excited:

I subscribed to HBO, about three years ago, to watch The Sopranos. I enjoyed The Sopranos very much but then got involved with the first season of Six Feet Under. I finally had to admit, as good as The Sopranos has been, Six Feet Under became my all time favorite HBO show.

I now feel comfortable saying Six Feet is the best show on the TV. I’d watched every episode till the third season. I watched the first half of the third season and thought it was excellent. Then I got involved in other things and missed the second half of the third Six Feet Under season. Yes, I’m sorry I missed those shows! I’ll have to catch them on reruns or on a future DVD release.

I purchased the first season on DVD then let my parents borrow it. They watched the entire first season in a week’s time. My Mom, now, wants the second season. I advised it’s not available for purchase.

Love it, haven't missed an episode. But in the UK we are just starting series 2 at least on on non-digital tv.

Season three of the Sopranos in just finishing, I loved that too but I'm getting to the stage when a missed episode is not a great tragedy.

• 9 months later...

Yet another huge fan who doesn't have cable. Rented 1st season for home marathon (just like Mr&Mrs Johnny E, and wesbed's folks) and saw 2nd season a friend had taped -- now I try to avoid hearing about the shows I haven't seen until I get to see them. (NOOOO! Don't tell me David and Keith broke up again! When I haven't even seen them move in together!)

Edited by maren

• 1 year later...

Currently working our way through Season 2 (disc 4). I had to roll my eyes in disgust at the way the bed-hopping Brenda lets Nate twist a bit after coming clean re: his Seattle 'adventure,' all the while failing to utter a peep about her own latest round of 'activities' (ahem) with complete strangers.

Quite clever also of the show's creators -- shocking, actually -- to craft a scene where Nate is attacked by his conscience when his four smiling couldawouldashouldabeen children suddenly appear. You could almost hear jaws dropping across the nation. icon10.gif

Edited by Son-of-a-Weizen