Terribly sad news about a fellow forum member

Jim Alfredson

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very sad news. i had the pleasure of buying cds from ken on many occasions. in fact, there are still a few 60-cent stamps on my bulletin board, stamps i used specifically to sent my payment to him in canada. one of the things i'll remember is feeling frustrated and disappointed when i "missed out" to another member on a title i wanted from him. i'd gladly feel those emotions again if it meant he were still here with us. rest in peace ken.

one of the things i'll remember is feeling frustrated and disappointed when i "missed out" to another member on a title i wanted from him. i'd gladly feel those emotions again if it meant he were still here with us. rest in peace ken.

Amen to that!

The Teddy Wilson Mosaic I bought from him takes on so much more significance now.

RIP grey. And thanks to ElizaBETH for finding the strength to convey such sad news. :(

I too bought a few sets from Ken.

Very organized guy, it seemed. I remember on my second purchase asking if he was living at the same address as I had noted from my first purchase of one year prior. He laughed (in that virtual way), answered "Yes", complimented me on keeping good records and then asked if I was at my same address, noting my address within his reply.

Two at-least-slightly neurotic guys, it would seem.

See ya later, Ken.

Very sorry to hear of his passing.

I loose track of what I buy from who around here (and back on the BNBB), but I know I had close to a dozen transactions with Ken over the years. I think he's probably the guy I got my Lee Morgan Mosaic from.

R.I.P. Ken, and very best wishes for his family.

I always wondered how he could offer sealed imports at such reasonable prices.

Yes, I bought several JRVGs off him--he just seemed to be very fair-minded in that regard, much like a used book dealer that we have here in Bloomington, who rarely marks up items even though he knows they're worth more than half-off-list.

Sad to hear of Ken's passing- I never communicated directly with him(His sales went fast!), but I read a number of his posts and he seemed to be a decent fellow with class and taste- just what we need so much more of these days. My condolences to Elizabeth and any other family.