Terribly sad news about a fellow forum member

Jim Alfredson

I have tears in my eyes as I write this, and I only knew the man from this board. How very sad.

I received the following email in my forum@organissimo.org mailbox, dated December 26th (I do not check that address often enough... I apologize).

I am the partner of 'organissimo' member known as 'grey'.

Sadly, I must inform you of his passing, on Christmas morning. He had been dealing with CHF for several years. Last spring he had reported a 'computer crash' when actually he was recovering from a heartattack and 2 Bypass Surgery. He was a private man in that regard and did not wish to share those details. I am not so private and would like his forum contacts to know about his joining a 'higher discussion forum'

If anyone would like to contact me, I would appreciate hearing from them. Please use Ken's email address:  kjazz@cogeco.ca  Thank you  elizaBETH

How terribly sad. I knew he was sick, but not that sick. I sent my condolences to elizaBETH.

:(

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am shocked and surprised by this news. I had no idea Ken had been ill... I never really exchanged many messages with him. I had been aware of his recent absence from the board... but assumed he would be returning.

Ken sold a lot of CD's here on the board, and he provided me with some pretty obscure import titles that I probably wouldn't have found otherwise. Anybody who brings music into my life is appreciated greatly, and I will remember this Toronto gentleman whenever I play those CD's. Thanks Ken. RIP.

I am shocked and surprised by this news. I had no idea Ken had been ill... I never really exchanged many messages with him. I had been aware of his recent absence from the board... but assumed he would be returning.

The thought of something bad like this happening enters my mind at times when members stop posting with no explanation.

Usually all ends up good.

Although, I'm sure in most cases we would never know. We are fortunate elizaBETH shared the news with us.

Although, I'm sure in most cases we would never know. We are fortunate elizaBETH shared the news with us.

I agree. Wow; I guess if you find yourself in an 'extended family' like this, these things are bound to happen, but just like real family, that doesn't make it any easier. While I knew Grey was having health problems (thanks to a discussion with his family while I was apologizing for being a horse's ass on a thread) I had no idea it was this bad. How kind of her to take time to let us know; that's an "above and beyond" duty!

That's dreadful news. I'd get a kick out of how he'd periodically get all 'fired up' and hit the politics forum for a day or two at BN and this place and then disappear entirely for 60...90 days. Many a JRVG I picked up from him and in the years to come will most certainly think of him whenever I spin one. Best wishes to his immediate family.