Jazz in Paris

Late

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Received my first batch yesterday and have been slowly making my way through them. The Barney Wilen is the standout so far, but I've only listened to 5 or 6 of them. The Byas and Peiffer (sp?) discs were sold out. Does DG usually get more of this kind of stuff in or should I search elsewhere for the "missing" discs that I'm interested in? Either way, I think I'll order a few more tomorrow... B-)

Received my first batch yesterday and have been slowly making my way through them. The Barney Wilen is the standout so far, but I've only listened to 5 or 6 of them. The Byas and Peiffer (sp?) discs were sold out. Does DG usually get more of this kind of stuff in or should I search elsewhere for the "missing" discs that I'm interested in? Either way, I think I'll order a few more tomorrow... B-)

I had the Barney before the sale and it is a standout. I like the story in the booklet about how a listening session of 78s led to the Reinhardt & Trenet songs being played at the session.

I'm not sure how Dusty restocks things, but be sure to pick the Byas offerings by any means necessary (well, short of high crimes, but misdemeanor at will!) I will have to go beyond this series to hear more from him, as what a discovery 50+ years after the fact!

And thanks to Brownie for suggesting #54, Clarinettes - a Saint-Germain des Pres featuring a session each from Hubert Rostaing & Maurice Meunier, as this one would have passed me by otherwise. The timing was perfect too, as I got the Reinhardt Mosaic for Christmas.

OK, as great as this series is, I'm still staying away from the Dusty site for....maybe another week or...must...not...click....

After receiving my first CDs from the Bard, I immediately placed orders for the following (mostly recommendations from this board of course): ;):P

37502 Barney Wilen/Alain Gourag -- Jazz In ParisJazz Et Cinema Vol 1Un Temoin Dans La Ville/Jirai Cracher Sur Vos T CD 1 $5.99 $5.99

62756 Bobby Jaspar -- Jazz In Paris Jeux De Quartes CD 1 $4.99 $4.99

62755 Andre Hodeir -- Jazz In Paris Jazz & Jazz CD 1 $4.99 $4.99

37500 Barney Wilen -- Jazz In Paris Jazz Sur Seine CD 1 $5.99 $5.99

38519 Peanuts Holland/Buck Clayton/Charlie Singleton -- Jazz In Paris CD 1 $5.99 $5.99

37501 Mary Lou Williams -- Jazz In Paris I Made You Love Paris CD 1 $5.99 $5.99

Looks like about half the titles are now temporarily out of stock or out of stock.

Edit: I haven't even opened the box from the first order. :wacko:

Edited by LAL

Damn, had to place another order. This is the last one. This is the last one. This is the last one.

Sonny Criss -- Mr Blues Pour Flirter

Rhoda Scott -- Rhoda Scott & Kenny Clarke

Barney Wilen -- Jazz Sur Seine

Oscar Peterson -- Oscar Peterson/Stephane Grapelli Quartet Vol 2

Louis Armstrong & Others -- Louis Armstrong & His Friends

Andre Hodeir -- Jazz & Jazz

Lester Young -- Le Dernier Message De Lester Young

• 2 weeks later...

rostai_hube_jazzinpar_101b.jpg

Listened to this one this afternoon. If you're a Shearing fan, or a Benny Goodman fan, you'd probably like this disc. Some fun tracks on it.

The Byas discs and most of the Thompson discs are back in stock I see. Good news, and another opportunity for those who don't yet have them. :rhappy:

Edited by Late