Happy Birthday Theo!

My dad's birthday is today. He's a member (Theo), but his birthday isn't popping up on the calender. Oh well... you can't hide, pops!

My dad is responsable for my love of music and my growth as a musician. A professional musician himself for many years, he always encouraged me not by forcing me to practice, but by letting me take things at my own pace and in my own direction. He also broke the bank to buy instruments for me!

He had a B3 when I was very little and one of my earliest memories is sitting at the console and pulling the drawbars. So it's his fault I haul this mammoth thing around to gigs!

My first organ trio featured my dad on guitar when I was 19. It was a lot of fun! The experience taught me how to pick tunes and lead a band. It also taught me that jazz doesn't pay! We played the local coffee houses for no money!

I guess I didn't learn to well. :g

Happy 64th birthday, dad. I love you very much and I'm proud to call you my dad.