Joe Pass Mosaic Set

JohnS

Cuscuna and others had their own ideas about what is "too commercial" or "not enough jazz" - there's a tiny jazz policeman in any of us, I think. 

Check discogs:https://www.discogs.com/sell/list?master_id=381039&ev=mb

R-3154537-1318260497.jpeg.jpg

Another Pacific Jazz LP with Pass that never was on CD is Clifford Scott's "Out Front" with Les McCann - would have made a great twofer with "Somethin' Special" but probably escaped Cuscuna's radar or didn't fit as Groove Holmes is not participating. 

R-3795512-1344735178-7082.jpeg.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

I'm listening to this on iTunes (as Joe Pass Capitol Vaults Jazz Series).  🤪

I'm not entirely sure why none of the tracks from Sounds Of Synanon (PJ-48) were included.  Was this discussed somewhere previously?  There are close to a dozen PD versions of Sounds Of Synanon floating around out there, but it seems a shame there doesn't seem to be a legitimate release (at least on iTunes).

I believe that the Sounds of Synanon album was properly licensed for the Japanese CD reissue.

The Stones Jazz never appealed to me, as the material, for the most part, wasn’t that interesting in a jazz setting, no matter how much effort Joe Pass and arranger Bob Florence put into it.

On 6/17/2024 at 9:52 PM, Ken Dryden said:

I believe that the Sounds of Synanon album was properly licensed for the Japanese CD reissue.

My TOCJ mini LP style CD (94444) of SOS has a previously unreleased track "Blues" (4:36), apparantly from the same session