What live music are you going to see tonight?

mikeweil

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, jlhoots said:

Do you wear ear plugs?

Never! I’m going out in style! For whatever reason my ears are still good at 64.

plus I saw Ches Smith 4 times over a 10 day period recently. Once with Trey Spruance on electronics and it peaked at 108 decibels. I brought my little meter in with me that night. They had 2 extra amps on each side of The Stone. The quality of the sound is so great in the Glass Box Theatre (aka The Stone at The New School)

10/11 Cobra at Roulette. This can get very loud as well. Last year it sounded amazing from the front row as I was sitting right next to Zorn as he was conducting the large ensemble. 

Only live once. I’m blessed to be able to witness the many of the greatest  improvising musicians on the planet usually over 10 times a month. 

Phillip Glass Ensemble playing early works at the Barbican, last night.

This was punchy stuff, amplified to almost Rock concert levels, no polite chamber recital this.  It's amazing to hear these works now and realise just how much music has borne their influence.

This Thursday night (10/3/2024) at the Regattabar in Cambridge, MA there's a show being billed as "Big Boston Baritone Benefit", with 4 baritone sax players putting on a show to raise money for baritone saxophonist Claire Daly's Go Fund Me to help her pay her medical bills stemming from her cancer treatments.

This should be fun for us bari fans. They'll have 4 bari players up there - Melanie Brooks, Alan Chase, Charlie Kohlhase & Kathy Olson - backed by a p/b/d rhythm section.

https://www.ticketweb.com/event/big-boston-baritone-benefit-regattabar-tickets/13573404?pl=regatta

103-big-boston-baritone-benefit___13134641541.thumb.webp.28b24f3c158564e4250a32fa03fb6e1f.webp