Non-sensical taglines

So I'm watching Monday Night Football and one of my most hated commercials has been on about 1,000 times (the stupid "twins" Coors commercial... I HATE that song and they've been using it on SportsCenter now, too!) and their tagline on the end of the commercial makes absolutely no sense.

"Coors Lite: The coldest tasting beer!"

Coldest tasting? Do they mean it's actually cold or it just tastes like it's cold? Can something taste cold without actually being cold? I mean, advertisers like to say that mints somehow taste cold but they don't. They taste like mint or some unnatural approximation thereof. Would you want your beer to taste minty anyway?

I just don't get it.

So I'm watching Monday Night Football and one of my most hated commercials has been on about 1,000 times (the stupid "twins" Coors commercial... I HATE that song and they've been using it on SportsCenter now, too!) and their tagline on the end of the commercial makes absolutely no sense.

"Coors Lite: The coldest tasting beer!"

Coldest tasting? Do they mean it's actually cold or it just tastes like it's cold? Can something taste cold without actually being cold? I mean, advertisers like to say that mints somehow taste cold but they don't. They taste like mint or some unnatural approximation thereof. Would you want your beer to taste minty anyway?

I just don't get it.

how funny is that jim, i was thinking the same thing!!! :P

Can you imagine how much better the beer would be if they took their advertising budget and spent it on creating a product that was actually drinkable?!?!?!?

(BTW, I'm with you, Jim, on that whole "Twins" thing. Some friends of ours have twin daughters, and that commercial/campaign just makes them nauseous!)

(BTW, I'm with you, Jim, on that whole "Twins" thing. Some friends of ours have twin daughters, and that commercial/campaign just makes them nauseous!)

So, are they hot? :excited::w:winky:

They're eight years old. <_<

Hence, their nausea at the whole campaign.

Edited by Big Al

I'm with you too, Jim. The fact that they had to go and make a NEW commercial using that "song" makes me cringe... knowing that I'll see it again, and possibly not be in charge of the (mute button on the) remote control wherever I happen to be when I see it.