The New Server

Jim Alfredson

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. You all almost brought tears to my eyes. Really.

I came home from the gig tonight and saw that there were 11 messages in my hotmail inbox. "That's odd," I thought. "Probably just spam."

Boy was I wrong! Thank you, everyone, for the donations! In the last two days we've received almost $300! That puts the grand total to exactly $909.72, which is just about enough for a years worth of service on our own dedicated server. I can definitely kick in a hundred or two myself and I also have some checks here to add that would bring us to about $1000.

Everyone here keeps proving again and again why this is the best damn jazz bullentin board on the internet. I love you all!!! Yes, even the ones I disagree with politically. You're all right in my book.

:wub::wub:

As for wesbed's ideas, I will consult with my brother about it. Someone would have to program such a graphic and make it so it can tap into my paypal account and see what donations have come in. Maybe paypal has something like that. I'll do some research. I know that I can download a spreadsheet of all activity, which is where I got the total above from.

I don't know what else to say. Where's the "happy crying" smiley?

Any thoughts to having an auction to raise funds?

As someone who has been hurt by outsourcing :P , (I'm jobless) I don't really have any funds to spare.

Jim, would you be open to us donating some cool CDs, etc... to auction off as a fundraising measure. We could mail our items to you and you could go from there?

As someone who has been hurt by outsourcing :P , (I'm jobless) I don't really have any funds to spare.

Jim, would you be open to us donating some cool CDs, etc... to auction off as a fundraising measure. We could mail our items to you and you could go from there?

Auction off your cds here or on ebay, Jeff.

You can then send what you want to Jim.

I think it would be best if the heavy users of this board agreed to give a specific amount each month. We're not talking big bucks. Certainly, nearly everyone could afford to donate $5 per month? $4? $3? How about if the top 50 posters agree to give $5 per month?

How about everyone donate a buck a post? It'd sure shut me up fast... ;)

As someone who has been hurt by outsourcing  :P , (I'm jobless) I don't really have any funds to spare.

Thanks Conn!

I'll probably do just that. :D

As someone who has been hurt by outsourcing  :P , (I'm jobless) I don't really have any funds to spare.

Thanks Conn!

I'll probably do just that. :D

No need Jeff, really...

Let those donate who can afford to do so.

No need to feel guilty or whatever if you're not in a good situation.