Organissimo @ The Creole Gallery

Jim Alfredson

Some of you may be close enough to come to this show, so I'd thought it befitting to post here. The Creole Gallery is a small art gallery in Lansing's historic Old Town district which features various music acts throughout the year including members of the LCJO and even Wynton Marsalis himself. It's a very small, intimate atmosphere and it's a rare concert event for us. We'll be able to play some things we usually don't get to play in noisy clubs.

The date is November 5th at 8:00pm. The club is small so if you want to come I would suggest purchasing the tickets online.

Tickets are $13 and more information can be found by clicking here.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it's not a club, it's an art gallery so there is no booze. I was actually talking to a fellow at a memorial service the other week (which had just about every musician from the Lansing/Jackson area present) and he lamented the fact that the Creole Gallery is basically the only real venue in this town to see good jazz and that it's not a real club.

But it is a great space to have a show regardless. I'm sure the 'no booze' thing keeps some people away (you don't drink anyway, right?) but I would think most jazz fans here in town would rather see the show than worry about getting plastered!

:)

It's gonna be a good time!