Sonny Clark Mosaic's

The Bud Shank is tricky to score on vinyl. It's a good set though, very agreeable and relaxed listening (although there have been mixed opinions of it on this board). I picked up a CD copy from Mosaic just before it went OOP and the sound quality is to my ears more than OK. I've also been supplementing this with selective picks of some of the LPs when I can find them (for example just acquired a UK original Vogue copy of 'New Groove' in A1 condition - worth it for the cover art alone.. :wub: ).

Good luck with getting hold of the Shank !

• 3 weeks later...

Well my Grant Green/Sonny Clark Mosaic Lp set will ship this week (Thx Berigan). Looking forward to it. I also injoy my Tina Brooks and Horrace Parlan sets quite often and Have the Mile/trane set on layaway in time for Xmas. Any other must have recomendations ? I see the Johnny Hodges quite often.

Edited by cool_blue

Any other must have recomendations ? I see the Johnny Hodges quite often.

So many, I really would not know where to begin. I need to decide on my next one, also. There are so many I do not have.

Might be a good time to get the Hodges, as prices are down from what they were before. How about the Mingus CBS Mosaic? Both of these get a good amount of turntable time.

Not sure, and I personally don't care as I go for CD usually, but I do think that the Mingus CBS has edited versions of tracks taht were restored for the recent Sony/Legacy 3CD reissue of that material. That one goes cheap, though, so you might as well get the LP Mosaic and the CD version from Sony, you'd ahve it all then, the tracks/albums as originally released, and the restored versions on CD.

My only Mosaic LP sets are the Brooks (great), the Pepper (not too essential, but nice), and the Buck Clayton (love it, but hardly spin it).

ubu