A real poul-try

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Extra crispy, all the way. I like the taste, but I can only eat KFC when I have a few hours to lay down afterwards. It always makes me sick. :wacko:

That's actually the calling-card of all food that is battered and fried. Enjoy, then endure! :rsmile:

:angry:  Why, you....

Hey I'm a crazy badass, what can I say?

You're lucky soulstation1's poll didn't include the Colonels new "crispy strips", or "boneless wings."

Shit, what about those pot pies?

I would have been all over you bastards like stink on shit.

So what are you gonna do?

You want cole slaw or mashed potatoes with that??

That's what I thought....angry-smiley-050.gif

Edited by catesta

Hey Catesta I don't want any trouble with you-I'll jump all the way back. :wacko: All seriousness aside generally when I eat chicken I bake it at home. Every now and then though I get the urge for some kfc and when I do it's the original recipie but the extra crispy is ok too. However if it's been under the lamp for awhile it really doesn't matter because it's all caca.

I like the Kentucky Fried Chicken head. You can't beat that! mmmmm!

I was watching tv last night and I noticed that George from Seinfeld (Jason Alexander) is now doing KFC commercials. I guess he had a good run while it lasted.

The KFC by my house sort of creeps me out. It's staffed by a bunch of stoned teenagers who don't seem quite trustworthy. I went there once, but I haven't been back. I just have a bad feeling about getting something other than chicken in my bucket. Yuck!

:rsmile:

I love the KFC Original recipe, but its quality really depends on the specific establishment. The KFC nearest to me is only fair, but there's one a short distance away that is so much better (and I've been to some that are horrible). I don't know what it is since they presumably use the same suppliers, ingredients, whatever. I think it may be a matter of having the pressure cooker set just a couple of degrees off to making the chicken delicious or dreadful.

Between Popeye'a, Church's, Golden Chick, Grandy's, Williams Honey Fried, and Babe's, I'll be DAMNED if I go to a KFC for fried chicken! But when I've been elsewhere, places where fried chicken was considered "ethnic" cuisine, as in either African-American, and/or Rural Southern, I'd prefer the flavor of OR but the texture of EC. Too many joints leave the OR on the mushy side, and that sucks.

BTW, is it just a regional thing, or is it a national trend that the Big 3 PepsiCo-owned fast food chains are now cross-branding? We got various assortments of KFC, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut combiations all over the place here, and sometimes you can get all 3 under the same roof. The standalone, single brand, units of these chains is rapidly disappearing.