Question: Don Pullen "Breakthrough" CD

Johnny E

Pretty much.

Of course, now that you've gotten a copy, Blue Note has accelerated their reissue plans. Expect a Mosaic Select soon! ^_^

Damn! <_<

But seriously, I've heard that some of the Pullen Blue Note stuff is rare. And this is the first time I've ever seen this CD, and I search the used shops daily.

No seriously, I've not seen copies of that one after it went out of print; hard to gauge though because here in Austin you don't often see a lot of used jazz cds beyond the big reissues from the big names. (Then again, I'm not a diligent scourer so disregard what I say in this matter).

I think a Mosaic Select IS planned, and it will be welcome.

In my searches, both "Breakthrough" and "Song Everlasting" have been 2 of the rarest oop Blue Notes. Other rarities are the 2 Leo Parkers as well as James Newton's "Romance and Revolution". With the upcoming Mosaic Select release, I expect that these will start showing up in the used bins soon. They only have trade-in value until that Select comes out.

Later,

Kevin