Eric Kloss on Mr.Rogers?!?!

Jim Alfredson

So I'm watching Mr. Rogers while taking care of Zora and he just played some real cool music that he had on tape of Eric Kloss with organ and piano (very modern sounding recording) and said that later in the episode he's going to visit Eric!!!

Whoa! Mr. Rogers is a hip cat! :) I never knew Eric appeared on Mr. Rogers. It looks like this show is from the mid-80s or so.

Anyone seen this?

B3er,

Fred used to have Pittsburgh guys on the show alot, since that is where it was taped. The pianist on the show was Johnny Costa who had a side out on Savoy.

BTW i found a copy of the Gene Ludwig on Muse if your interested. He has a web site and has some great photo's of the old trio with a young Randy and one taken outside the old Trop.

It's an old episode, for sure. I saw it when my son was watching Mr. Rogers, and that's been about 15 years ago.

I'm thinking that Kloss might have been on twice. Seem t remember him playing in a cave or something.

With people making shadow animals and playing with play-doh?

--eric

Edited by Dr. Rat

Joe Negri, the proprietor of the make-believe music store, is an accomplished guitarist (don't know too much about him, though).

I remember seeing a few interesting musical guests on the show 10-15 years ago when my kids were little. I've now forgotten who, except I do recall a very interesting segment with Yo Yo Ma. Fred was pretty hip.

Bill, it's great to see you posting here again.

Kloss was still active last I heard, a couple of years ago.

Fred Rogers was a great man. His bachelor's degree was in music composition and he considered himself first and foremost a songwriter .

http://www.misterrogers.org/mister_rogers_.../songs_main.asp

A far cry from the b.s. being shoved down the throats of children on today's new TV.

Mike