Miles Davis "Seven Steps" box

J.A.W.

:o

Good eye Hans!

As usual, it's suggested that CD Universe orders be placed through the sponsor link at JAZZMATAZZ.

Alan Lankin's Jazzmatazz, you mean... ;) Unfortunately he hasn't posted a link yet.

He's come in from the cold and has now posted a link.

Miles Davis - Seven Steps: Complete The Complete Columbia Recordings of Miles Davis, 1963-64 - 7 CDs (Columbia) Sept 28

-- includes material from the following albums:

-- Seven Steps to Heaven (studio, Apr-May 1963), with George Coleman (tenor sax), Ron Carter (bass) and

either Victor Feldman (piano) & Frank Butler (drums) or Herbie Hancock (piano) & Tony Williams (drums);

includes previously unreleased alternate takes of "Joshua" and two of "Seven Steps" with Feldman

and a rehearsal take of "Seven Steps" with Hancock

-- Miles in Europe (Antibes, 27Jul1963), continuing w/ Coleman/Herbie Hancock/Carter/Tony Williams,

with the previously unissued tunes "Bye Bye Blackbird" (16'47) & "Theme" (6'06),

plus the unedited versions of "Autumn Leaves" (13'55), "Joshua" (11'36) and "All of You" (16'54)

-- the complete Philharmonic Hall concert (12Feb1964), with both sets complete and in performance order

(originally issued out-of-sequence as My Funny Valentine and Four & More);

includes previously unissued tune "Autumn Leaves" (10'40), plus introductions by Mort Fega & Billy Taylor

-- Miles in Tokyo (14Jul1964), with Sam Rivers on tenor sax

-- Miles in Berlin (25Sep1964), with Wayne Shorter on tenor sax;

includes a previously unissued version of "Stella by Starlight" (12'54)

-- in all, set includes over an hour of previously unreleased music

Check out "Cheap-CDs" price before you order from CD Universe,$14.00 a CD is rather pricey.

It's not listed on their website (yet) and they only ship within the United States and to Australia, England, Canada and Japan. Their shipping rates outside North America for sets containg more than 4 CDs are pretty steep compared to CDUniverse's.

Edited by J.A.W.

I have a 15% coupon from Borders good for 90 days that I am saving for this set-hopefully with the discount it will be down around CDuniverse prices or lower. But, I like getting it in my hands the day of release (I hate waiting for shipping!!)

I just checked CD Universe again & they have reduced the price of the set by $7.

So I canceled my original pre-order & reordered it at the lower price.

And not bein' no dummy, I did the same.

Thanks!

532500.jpg

Check out "Cheap-CDs" price before you order from CD Universe,$14.00 a CD is rather pricey.

newlogo2.gif

Davis,Miles

Seven Steps:Complete Columbia

:7Cds-(1963-1964)

List Price $129.98

Raw Cost $104.95

With S&H $109.91

In Stock Qty: NONE

Order & Save 19%

Style Jazz

Release 09/28/04

Year 2004

Rating

Catalog CBS 90840

UPC 82796908402

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Deep Discount CD

Seven Steps: The Complete... [box]

Why Pay $129.95?

Our Price: $109.16

You Save: $20.79

FREE SHIPPING

Edited by Chaney

Waitin' for a bargain price, on a 'used' one, something more in the $70-$80 range. Just not excited enough about this material (most of which I've heard before), to fork over the $$$ now. (I'll get one some day, sure, but I'm in no rush on this one.)

But I got the "Jack Johnson" set the very day it came out!! :excited:

Of course that was with a "40%-off" coupon from Borders. :g

I just checked CD Universe again & they have reduced the price of the set by $7.

I noticed when I checked my order status that they had automatically lowered the price of my order. I double checked Quicken and indeed they had. :tup

I noticed when I checked my order status that they had automatically lowered the price of my order. I double checked Quicken and indeed they had. :tup

They didn't automatically lower the price of my pre-order, so, like jlhoots, I cancelled my order and re-ordered the set at the lower price.

Edited by J.A.W.

This one's on my want list as well, but I'm not spending the coin right away.

Will find it cheaper later on, as Rooster says, in used condition.

It'll also eventually be cheaper once the metal-spined first run is gone and they move to the less expensive packaging.

I just got this e-mail from CD Universe:

"Order Status: Processing

We are working on getting all of the items on your order ready to ship."

I don't seem to recall getting a message like this so early. While I don't think it means they're going to send it tomorrow, it kind of surprised me. Anyway, they must have known I needed to add some K2s to the order so I immediately went to their site and added some to the order. ;)

I've gotten that sort of message before. It usually means that an item that was on the order has come into stock and applied towards the order awaiting the remainder of the order. . . .

I'm getting that message all the time... ^_^ Probably means I'm buying too many CDs :wacko: