Argggghhhhhh

Toilet seat covers that aren't the same size and shape of the toilet.

People who use public toilets for target practice.

People who shove their way onto elevators/transit/buildings before people can get out.

Boom boxes in cars.

Going to the store and seeing row after row of every kind of freaking bread you can think of---multi-fruit-old-world-chestnut bread---but not one lousy loaf of whole wheat bread. Not brown Wonder bread, but REAL whole wheat bread. Same with orange juice. I don't want vitamin c-vitamin d-immuno boost-enriched-pulpy-tangerine/grapefruite/orange. How about plain old OJ?

People who try to shove their between you and whatever structure you are standing three inches away from.

Tailgaters. It should be perfectly legal to vaporize their asses right where they are.

Politicians. Every one of them. We should live in a dictatorship and I should be the dictator. Love it or leave it, baby.

Bikers. There, I said it out loud. Sue me. They don't stop for traffic signals, and they NEVER yield to pedestrians. They get on BART and take up four seats. Screw 'em and their alternative mode of transportation. One day a biker who blew a stop sign got hit by a car that blew the other stop sign. No one was hurt so I was not one bit guilty when I laughed out loud.

BO. There is no reason on god's earth for any person with access to hot water and soap to walk around smelly and funky. It should be a capital offense to get on public transportation without taking a bath and putting on clean clothes.

Paying three dollars for a lukewarm latte.

Biting into a chocolate with nuts and the nuts are rancid.

Standing in line forEVER and someone walks up and tries to get waited on before me. I'm in menopause, buddy, that's not a smart thing to do. You could lose both arms AND your good eye.

There, I feel much better.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flys in the house. :angry:

Luckily in Seattle we mainly have the small ones that buzz around stupidly in the center of the room. Most people don't even have screens. But for some reason, last night we had three big green headed ones that kept landing on our food and flying straight into our face. Blah!

Politicians. Every one of them. We should live in a dictatorship and I should be the dictator. Love it or leave it, baby.

Will I be guilty of assasination after I vaporize you for driving too slow in front of me? :P:g:P:g

Bikers.  There, I said it out loud.  Sue me.  They don't stop for traffic signals, and they NEVER yield to pedestrians.  They get on BART and take up four seats.  Screw 'em and their alternative mode of transportation.  One day a biker who blew a stop sign got hit by a car that blew the other stop sign.  No one was hurt so I was not one bit guilty when I laughed out loud.

I love riding my bike, always pay attention to street signs, yield to pedestrians, and live in a town without public transportation. However, the stop-sign-crash story made me laugh out loud!!! :tup

Standing in line forEVER and someone walks up and tries to get waited on before me.  I'm in menopause, buddy, that's not a smart thing to do.  You could lose both arms AND your good eye.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Some of my gripes?

People who try to talk to me when I'm on the phone.

People who say my music (jazz) is noise, and then put on some godawful hip-hop racket!

Cell phones going off in church. I'm pretty sure God in His mercy will overlook the "Thou shalt not kill" commandment for this one!!!!

People who use the self-serve line at the grocery store who haven't a fucking CLUE how to operate the damn thing, and then of course they usually have 20+ items to scan!!!!

Popular Latino music. This stuff wouldn't bother me so much, I mean it's basically synthesized polka music sung in Spanish. What bothers me is when these dudes in the lowriders come up blaring this shit outta their speakers..... damn, that ultra-bass is bad enough, but then you get the added "benefit" of that tinny synth-accordion. BLECCHHH!!!!

People who call and take FOREVER to get to the point of why they're calling, by making small talk: how's the weather, how 'bout those (insert local sports team here), etc etc ad nauseaum. CUT THE CRAP and get to the point!

Did I mention slow drivers, especially in the passing lane? :g:g:g

I'm intrigued by the assumptions that tailgaters do it to people who are driving slow in the passing lanes. I was specifically thinking of times when I'm tailgated in the slow lane or in the exit lane when I'm about to exit the freeway. Or when I'm driving on a two lane street, a lane in either directions and you are being tailgated even though you are at or even a little over the speed limit. I usually don't drive in the "fast" lane. In fact, no one should be driving in the fast lane. It's for passing other cars, not cruising.

Last weekend, after tailgating me to death on a two-lane city street, this dumb bunny went roaring past me driving in the center turn lane over in Alameda where the cops give out tickets like Halloween candy. I caught her dumb ass at every single light after that even after she roared away from every single dingle light. People like that should be institutionalized and never allowed behind the wheel of any vehicle, including the bumper cars at the county fair. There's a reason why so many young people die in horrible fiery crashes and have outrageous insurance rates.

I like drivers who think they have a right not to be inconvenienced... say by someone turning into their driveway! The best example of this comes from a real life experience...

My dad used to live on a busy road that was only 2-lane (bi-directional traffic). He almost always had to take a left into his home, as did many other people who lived along the road. Many a time, when waiting for opposing traffic to clear in order to turn left into his driveway, some asshole would barrell past him on the shoulder. The best part is that shoulder was very slim and there was a DEEP DEEP ditch on the other side... I wouldn't even call it a ditch. It was a damn valley that went right into a small collection of trees.

Well one day one of our neighbors was attempting to turn left into their driveway and some idiot in a huge over-sized SUV tried to pass on the right, on the shoulder, and slid right down that hill into the ditch and into the trees! I laughed my ass off, watching the whole ordeal from my dad's window! They had to get a huge tow-truck to get him out... cops everywhere! Brilliant!

What ever happened to patience?

Popular Latino music. This stuff wouldn't bother me so much, I mean it's basically synthesized polka music sung in Spanish. What bothers me is when these dudes in the lowriders come up blaring this shit outta their speakers..... damn, that ultra-bass is bad enough, but then you get the added "benefit" of that tinny synth-accordion. BLECCHHH!!!!

It's called banda and I also don't care for it. It's roots are German. Nothing against German or Mexican music, but for me, this is not a musical marriage made in heaven. I love Mariachi but banda is like nails on a chalkboard. I hear it a lot in my neighborhood. No one ever has Tito or Pete E. screaming out of their car, just banda.

Edited by RainyDay

People who can't handle talking on the cell and driving at the same time. Speed up, slow down, change lanes w/o signalling. :rmad:

Pretty much anyone who feels they need to own a Humvee in the city. Hope I'm not offending anyone here, but it's JUST NOT NECESSARY! :angry:

Checkout clerks who do the transaction w/o ever looking at you. They're usually talking to someone else, and they just hold out their hand for the money. :tdown

People who drive pickups with dogs in the back should be shot. I've seen accidents. :ph34r:

Kids who kick the back of your seat repeatedly on the plane. :alien:

Salespersons who don't know ANYTHING about their business. And they don't care.

The last thing they want to do is help you. :blink:

Loud talkers in movie theatres. :bwallace:

I could go on and on and on.............

What's the difference between Banda & Tejano?

Isn't Tejano more like a rock and country blend with some ethnic Mexican texturing? Doesn't this new band Los Lonely Boys play a sort of Tejano-style music? Isn't Tejano the musical style that Selena used? Banda is distinguished by the accordian-like instrument. It does sound very much like polka music. I'm a teensy bit out of my musical depth (or shallowness) here.

Edited by RainyDay

Loud talkers in movie theatres.  :bwallace:

Ouch.

Well, just so you know. When I went to see Control Room, I was the only brown face in there and these guys kept talking LOUDLY during the previews. This woman in front of me kept giving them the evil eye. Finally I leaned forward and in my loudest stage whisper said to her "Do you suppose those two will EVER stop talking?" They stopped for a nanosecond and kept going until the feature started.

See, it ain't just us in the movie making noise. :P

Edited by RainyDay

Ouch.

Well, just so you know. When I went to see Control Room, I was the only brown face in there and these guys kept talking LOUDLY during the previews. This woman in front of me kept giving them the evil eye. Finally I leaned forward and in my loudest stage whisper said to her "Do you suppose those two will EVER stop talking?" They stopped for a nanosecond and kept going until the feature started.

I wasn't referring to specific ethnicity, Rainy. I was just using all the "disgruntled" smilies. I am not one who generalizes such things. There are just two groups of people as far as I'm concerned- jerks and non-jerks.

The "theatre talkers" come in all colors and ages! :)

EDIT: By the way, regarding your signature, I think it's B-E-N-E-S. There was an episode where someone spelled her name. Good trivia question. B-)

Edited by Free For All

I share Rainy's frustration with tailgaters. Many accidents would be avoided if people wouldn't follow so close. I try to drive using the correct amount of carlengths to separate myself from those ahead of me--1 for every 10mph. I'm always amazed to see people flying down the freeway right on someone else's ass, BEGGING to have a horrible wreck.

Even if the idiot in front of you is doing 60mph in the fastlane holding up traffic because the slow lane is full of 18 wheelers, it isn't worth risking your safety to get so close to another vehicle while travelling at such high speeds. The moron in front of you is already willing to do everyone the disfavor of driving so slow, who knows what else the numbskull might do?

Here I preach like mad, yet sometimes I catch myself doing the same stupid driving. My dad has a phrase for it, "IN A HURRY." He would say it to us all the time if we rushed to do something and hurt ourselves/broke something/etc. and we knew he was right. Problem is, you mess up once out there driving and you're a stain on the highway.

So, while I'm driving correctly, there's always that one self-important asshole who feels he must get where he's going ONE CAR FASTER and wedges his piece of shit car right in front of me, endangering himself, myself, and the person in front of me. Bane of my driving existence, you deserve the wreck you will eventually get in! I hope it doesn't involve me. :ph34r:

Edited by Noj

I refuse to get my blood pressure up by being in a hurry in the car. That's the worst kind of stress, you're late and you hit EVERY red light and EVERY idiot is in front of you. You're just begging to get in an accident.

I just leave a little earlier and make up my mind that I'm NOT going to let the idiots get to me. I also let people "in" when I can and try to be courteous. I do allow a few seconds of waiting behind someone who's unaware the light has changed before I give 'em a honk.

In the big picture, becoming a maniac behind the wheel is not something I'm going to allow myself to do. It's just not worth it.

Ouch.

I wasn't referring to specific ethnicity, Rainy. I was just using all the "disgruntled" smilies. I am not one who generalizes such things. There are just two groups of people as far as I'm concerned- jerks and non-jerks.

The "theatre talkers" come in all colors and ages! :)

EDIT: By the way, regarding your signature, I think it's B-E-N-E-S. There was an episode where someone spelled her name. Good trivia question. B-)

Well, it's just that black folks have this reputation for being "expressive" in movie theaters. Richard Pryor, Robin Williams and Billy Crystal have all done very funny bits about black folks at the movies.

Thanks for the spelling correction. I shoulda Googled first.

Well, it's just that black folks have this reputation for being "expressive" in movie theaters. Richard Pryor, Robin Williams and Billy Crystal have all done very funny bits about black folks at the movies.

That brings back memories of when me & a couple of my friends were in Galveston for spring break, and we went to go see Action Jackson. It was a packed house and we were the only white kids in the audience. My friends pretty much sat scared, looking like they were praying not to get killed. Me, I had the time of my life!!! I mean, when the bad guy got his, you’d think the Rapture had happened, and I got swallowed up in all the hoopla!!! The dude in front of me, he & I’d been havin’ a ball shoutin’ at the screen! There was a lady with a screaming baby in the theater and this guy yelled “Hey lady! Shut yer kid the fuck up!!!” or something like that! Man, I get excited just remembering that night; it was a blast!!!!

What's the difference between Banda & Tejano?

Isn't Tejano more like a rock and country blend with some ethnic Mexican texturing? Doesn't this new band Los Lonely Boys play a sort of Tejano-style music? Isn't Tejano the musical style that Selena used? Banda is distinguished by the accordian-like instrument. It does sound very much like polka music. I'm a teensy bit out of my musical depth (or shallowness) here.

I'm with Jim on the tejano thing. Tejano is mainly accordion based, at least here. It's either that, or ballads. Los Lonely Boys is definitely not Tejano music. They're from Texas and they're Hispanic, but it's rock.

Selena, who is buried not too far from my home, was Tejano. But she was attempting to cross over into the Top 40/pop market just before she was murdered, and that stuff wasn't Tejano. More like Madonna-lite.

I'm not the most patient person so two that bug me are:

Sitting at the light taking in the scenery once it has turned green and pulling up at the drive through at the bank and not having your deposit/withdrawl ticket filled out in advance....have a little mercy for the person behind you!!!

Mark

I'm not the most patient person so two that bug me are:

Sitting at the light taking in the scenery once it has turned green and pulling up at the drive through at the bank and not having your deposit/withdrawl ticket filled out in advance....have a little mercy for the person behind you!!!

Mark

hehehe :g

That bank drive thru thing drives me crazy.