Calling all Manhattan Draft Beer Drinkers....

Some friends were trying to get me to hang at Zum Schneider once, but I had to work early the next day.

It's on a corner and the doors are wide open in good weather so you might as well be outside. You get the heat, humidity, traffic noise... all the things that make NYC so romantic in the Summer time. I've performed in that neighborhood a lot.

Be sure to talk polytix with the locals, they'll love you.

Weizen, what the hell you going to NYC for?  ;)  Don't you know that city's fulla Democrats and dangerous liberal-types?  :ph34r:

No problem, Ghost!! I arm-twisted Albertson into issuing some sort of special Dem issue 'safe passage' i.d. badge. It's a little clunky lookin' but it'll do the trick!! :excited:

Edited by Son-of-a-Weizen

• 1 month later...

Some friends were trying to get me to hang at Zum Schneider once, but I had to work early the next day.

It's on a corner and the doors are wide open in good weather so you might as well be outside. You get the heat, humidity, traffic noise... all the things that make NYC so romantic in the Summer time. I've performed in that neighborhood a lot.

:tup That Zum Schneider is an excellent place...as you said, open to the outside and all...which, along with that row of nice blue Hofbrau table umbrellas outside, gives the place a real european feel. The manager is from Munich.....and the bartender from Dortmund...nice guys. And the beer is outstanding -- 10 brews and the taps were flowing like mad on a Sunday night. You KNOW it's a serious place when they DON't have the obligatory Becks on tap.

:tup That Zum Schneider is an excellent place...as you said, open to the outside and all...which, along with that row of nice blue Hofbrau table umbrellas outside, gives the place a real european feel. The manager is from Munich.....and the bartender from Dortmund...nice guys. And the beer is outstanding -- 10 brews and the taps were flowing like mad on a Sunday night. You KNOW it's a serious place when they DON't have the obligatory Becks on tap.

A week ago??? I could have walked right by you, Weizen! Let's see, I went to the big march, then picked up groceries at Ave C & 8th about 5:00 PM, walked right past the tables "zum Schneider" and crossed C at 6th Street to get to my house!!!

A week ago??? I could have walked right by you, Weizen! Let's see, I went to the big march, then picked up groceries at Ave C & 8th about 5:00 PM, walked right past the tables "zum Schneider" and crossed C at 6th Street to get to my house!!!

No kidding!! Guess it depends how long you spent grocery shopping? I arrived between 5:30 and 6:00....stood in a corner nook to the right of the bar and popped out to the sidewalk 3 or 4 times for a Camel. Damn, I shoulda worn my black 'Eat Flaming Death' T-shirt down there.....surely would have caught your eye. ;) I was down there for 3+ hours anyway...enough time to drain Ein Maß Jever Pils...Ein Maß Weihenstephan HefeWeizen and then the odd Hofbräu to keep things going. Funny thing though...the website is loaded with all sorts of pics.....but they don't have a single outdoor shot taken from across the street which is odd because it's an attractive looking scene. Well Maren, if you happen to 'snag' one of those umbrellas during your next late night walk-by.....come election day, I might even pull a West Palm Beach number for ya and punch the wrong chad. :g

A week ago???  I could have walked right by you, Weizen!  Let's see, I went to the big march, then picked up groceries at Ave C & 8th about 5:00 PM, walked right past the tables "zum Schneider" and crossed C at 6th Street to get to my house!!!

No kidding!! Guess it depends how long you spent grocery shopping? I arrived between 5:30 and 6:00....stood in a corner nook to the right of the bar and popped out to the sidewalk 3 or 4 times for a Camel. Damn, I shoulda worn my black 'Eat Flaming Death' T-shirt down there.....surely would have caught your eye. ;) I was down there for 3+ hours anyway...enough time to drain Ein Maß Jever Pils...Ein Maß Weihenstephan HefeWeizen and then the odd Hofbräu to keep things going. Funny thing though...the website is loaded with all sorts of pics.....but they don't have a single outdoor shot taken from across the street which is odd because it's an attractive looking scene. Well Maren, if you happen to 'snag' one of those umbrellas during your next late night walk-by.....come election day, I might even pull a West Palm Beach number for ya and punch the wrong chad. :g

And at 5:45 I was a few blocks west on the 6 train on my way to a party in the South Bronx.

hofbrauhaus-mass-krug.jpg

Yep....you can put a serious dent in the 'ol wallet at that place real quick...but the thing is, that litre Maß is almost 3 of our 12 oz'ers...and coming out of the keg is far superior to anything out of a bottle. So, if you're drinking 3 bottles of Bud, Heineken or Corona at alot of places you're gonna hit that ceiling and beyond. Heck, over at Jazz Standard they sell that Schneider Weisse in the .5 L bottles for $9.00......so you'd drop $18 for a Maß! Now that's insane! The $10 Loewenbrau Maß is a pretty good deal.