Football Season

I liked to see Ketzman (sp) step up for his teammate. That was an ugly foul.

It was an ugly foul, but Kezman shouldn't have retaliated. Almost started a brawl. The Roma player was going to be shown red, so why get one for himself? Also, if he is going to retaliate, he should learn how to avoid being the only one to get punched in the face. :rolleyes:

I hope Tim Howard is getting all his bad luck out of system before the Premier League starts.

Did anyone else watch the ManU Milan match? How heartbreaking was that for Howard? Give up a goal in the 90th minute on a questionable free kick. (not really his fault.) Have three shots against him in the shootout go off the woodwork and IN including one that he blocked off the post which rebounding hitting HIM and then finding the net. And to top it off he misses the last penalty off the woodwork to lose the shootout.

Talk about a bad day!

Tomorrow, Chelsea and Milan, should be a good one.

Scott, I saw that too, and had the same reaction. Just an unlucky day all around for Tim. In terms of americans playing for Man U, I'm a LOT more worried about Johnny Spector than Tim Howard. Did you see that sequence the other day where Spector gave away the ball near Man U's area, and then proceeded to give away a penalty to the guy he gave the ball to? :blink: I suppose I should expect nerves like that from an 18 year-old playing at this level, but that sequence just made me cringe.

With Brian McBride not likely to play much and even Bocanegra's starting status in question, I may lose interest in Fulham this year even though I think their prospects are good.

So I may need another team to follow. I of course watch Man U and Chelsea and Arsenal and Liverpool because so many of their games are televised, but I like to pick a middle of the pack team that I can follow and hope to see rise into the upper ranks without the big dollars (pounds, EUROs, or whatever you guys are using these days)

SO SELL ME YOUR TEAM! Who should I pull for? (I'm thinking about Middlesbrough - I like JFH and would like to see Chelsea regret that sale, I like Viduka, I like Medietta so they are my early pick)

, but I like to pick a middle of the pack team that I can follow and hope to see rise into the upper ranks without the big dollars (pounds, EUROs, or whatever you guys are using these days)

There is a team that I'm quite partial to that can offer the usual rollercoaster of emotions, with little to show for it at the end of the season.

, but I like to pick a middle of the pack team that I can follow and hope to see rise into the upper ranks without the big dollars (pounds, EUROs, or whatever you guys are using these days)

There is a team that I'm quite partial to that can offer the usual rollercoaster of emotions, with little to show for it at the end of the season.

Gee, I wonder who they are... :g

• 2 weeks later...

This weekends fixtures

Sat Aug 14 2004

Barclays Premiership

Tottenham v Liverpool 12:45

Norwich v Crystal Palace 15:00

Portsmouth v Birmingham 15:00

Aston Villa v Southampton 15:00

Blackburn v West Brom 15:00

Bolton v Charlton 15:00

Man City v Fulham 15:00

Middlesbrough v Newcastle 17:15

Sun Aug 15 2004

Barclays Premiership

Everton v Arsenal 14:00

Chelsea v Man Utd 16:05

• 4 weeks later...

Well, where's everybody gone?! I'd like to hear more observations about current events from the various points of view (and geography) of our members here. I haven't managed to follow the goings-on in the EPL (oops, I mean the "Barclay's EPL") so far, but I'm sure someone will fill us in.

For better or worse, I'm still a diehard fan of the U.S. national team. That's where my heart lies... you should have heard me cursing at the TV (well, the referee, actually) yesterday, even when we were winning in dominant fashion over El Salvador. Did anybody see the match? Rising star Brian Ching's header inside the far post in the 5th minute was a thing of eternal beauty... a subtle redirection that required clinical precision. Landon Donovan slammed the door on the Salvadorans with a precise 20-yard bender with his left foot in the 69th minute. Some poor refereeing, high drama/gamemanship/dirty play by El Salvador, 12 minutes of stoppage time, etc, could not spoil the day for me.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/040904/1/24gn.html