How late in the evening do you drink caffeine?

I drink decaf coffee in the morning occasionally. I typically don't have diet coke after 4 PM and I only have one a day unless I get one of those 20 oz. jobbers then I try to leave some in the bottle. I have a heck of a time sleeping so I have to be careful. But I have some diet vanilla coke in the fridge and I'd love to chug a few gulps right now. I LOVE diet vanilla coke. Of course, there's the chocolate situation. I'll eat chocolate in my sleep.

We could talk about morning too. I'm a slow waker- my wife knows not to ask me any important questions 'til I've had my coffee in the morning. OTOH, she drinks decaf and goes into hyperdrive if she has caffeine. So if we go out for breakfast and the waitron mixes up our coffee orders, you can just imagine the wacky hijinks that ensue.

Ghiradelli's?

Ghirardelli is good but my favorites are:

My favorite store bought is from Belgium and I can't ever remember the name. You can buy it at Trader Joes (very cheap) and Cost Plus (not so cheap). Drost? They come in a stack of little round, flat guys and they come in milk, milk extra rich, and semi sweet. The extra rich milk is delish.

Then there's See's. I can ID a See's chocolate just eye balling it, don't even need to take a bite. At work during the holidays, people ask me to ID which ones are which.

Joseph Schmidt makes wonderful chocolate and their truffles are sublime (they're in SF and you can order online, I believe). This is probably my very favorite chocolate of all. They have a tiny little retail store on 16th between Church and Sanchez.

Recently, a co-worker turned me on to Scharffen Berger chocolate. Their factory is in Berkeley and Trader Joes stocks their candy bars. I've not made it to their store but they make a lot of different chocolate delights. Man, they make the most potent milk chocolate I've ever eaten. I swear, it gave me a buzz. The semi sweet should probably require a prescription.

One day I will tell you about Cocolat, a chocolatier that made a chocolate pound cake that brought tears to my eyes. Their factory was in Berkeley too and when they went out of business, I almost broke down. RIP :(

Hey, you asked! :P

Edited by RainyDay

Just had a warm flourless chocolate cake with, get this, balsamic vinegar drizzled over it. It may sound weird, but it was delish. We asked the chef about it, and he said he just happened on it by accident; he was in the kitchen with some fallen chocalte cakes, and knocked over the vinegar. The vinegar spilled on the cake, and voila! He stumbled upon the perfect combination of sweet and...well, not salty, but "not so sweet."

Yummmmmmm. Very good with red wine...but that's another thread!