Frying chicken??????/

One name for it is, believe it or not, "Beer in the Butt Chicken".... ^_^

It's quite tasty.

There ya go Rachel...that's the ticket! :D I think the 16 oz can works best w/a larger bird....been using Henninger Pils and also the Guiness draft cans.

2320.gif

I like the idea of placing lemon slices beneath the skin....have to try that. :wub:

Edited by Son-of-a-Weizen

Beleive me when I tell you that the secret to fried chicken, fish, etc, is having a deep-fryer. It gets the oil hot enough that submersion in it gives you that really crisp exterior/really tender interior delectable dichotomy of deliciosity that pan frying is just not capable of.

I got family back in the Piney woods who regularly have fish frys (every time the freezer gets full of their catches, which is about every few weeks or so, it seems), and these cats got bigass cast iron KETTLES that they fry in. No need to go there unless you want to be there, but the principle is the same - deep frying is the right way to do it.

The most IMPORTANT thing in frying chicken is not to listen to anyones recipe who isn't from the south---the deeper the South- the better. I've been there enough to know that northern fried chicken is not to be compared in quality to southern. I confess I don't know how they do it- but they do.

Not fried - and certainly not KFC-approved - but finger-licking good:

http://www.shaboomskitchen.com/archives/fo...sechickvin.html

Tasted and enjoyed at Paul Bocuse restaurant years ago...

There is a Filipino dish called 'Chicken Adobo' that involves boiling the chicken in a mixture of vinegar, soy sauce, and garlic(I'm going right on memory here, the cookbooks are upstairs). Afetr boiling, you broil it for a few minutes to get crsipy skin, and boil down the liquid to make a dipping sauce. It's verrrrry tangy and sharp.