What's For Lunch?

Today was gyro day. Great sort of roasted-grilled chicken. Yummy yogurt sauce with tomatoes and cucumbers. This place also makes a killer chicken salad the size of my head. And they make this incredible spinach pie--spinach surrounded by pastry in the shape of pastry snail. Greasy in a yummy olive oil sort of way. Man the food is good there. And baklava to die for. You can get various entrees but any one of them will slip you into a coma afterwards it's so much food so I stay away from the entrees. Even so, ready for my nap now. :P

Edited by RainyDay

Today was gyro day. Great sort of roasted-grilled chicken. Yummy yogurt sauce with tomatoes and cucumbers. This place also makes a killer chicken salad the size of my head. And they make this incredible spinach pie--spinach surrounded by pastry in the shape of pastry snail. Greasy in a yummy olive oil sort of way. Man the food is good there. And baklava to die for. You can get various entrees but any one of them will slip you into a coma afterwards it's so much food so I stay away from the entrees. Even so, ready for my nap now. :P

I think I'd be ready for a nap too! :lol:

My favorite lunch is a buffet at the Clay Pit, which is a ten minute walk from my "office" and always a delight!

They have killer green salads tossed with their raita-like dressing and another salad that has thickly sliced mushrooms and huge olives. . . they have usually one khorma dish (I love khorma sauce!) and a few other dishes as well, and they use the best rice I've ever had, I found out what it is and bought some to use at home, it's directly from India.

They also have the best chai in town!

I like to go there in the evenings as well, my wife loves the food there and in the evening we usually order their aloo gobey and another dish, or sometimes just a bowl of lentil soup and their Tandoori Bites, which is a huge appetizer of their "barbequed" chicken . . . .

GREAT RESTAURANT!

The trick is just to eat just enough and no more. . . .

A chili dog from a local place called Lenny's.

Tomorrow I will be buying tacos and burritos for myself and all of the crews working on one of my palm tree trimming contracts. The City said it couldn't be done :rolleyes: , but we broke a record today for the number of trees trimmed in one day (122 in 4 1/2 hours). The deal was lunch on Wednesday and beer on Friday.

:tup:tup:tup

Clay Pit is indeed great and good deal can be had during lunchtime and happy hour (when the apps are really cheap).

My go-to, assuming I don't pack a sandwhich (and I make good sandwhiches), is usually either Madam Mam's (Thai) or the sushi across the street. It's been sushi lately because I'm cleaning out the fridge for the move. Very little left to eat at home.

I had a "date" lunch today at Canyon Cafe .... my meal ... a delicious "southwest" grilled chicken quesadilla with marbelized onions and two kinds of spiced sauces. Of course, their complimentary multi-colored taco chips and green and red salsa was also consumed with enthusiasm .....I also tried a bottle of the peach and ginger flavored iced tea ... The price ... just $8.95 and $2.95 for the tea.

Now my penance .... it is oat flakes and blueberries for dinner ....

I'll have to retry Madam Mam's. . . I wasn't bowled over the first time.

As for sushi. . . you can have it all, not one of my foodstuffs! :huh: B)

I'm quite a fan of any rice curry dish at Mam's as well as the spicy, creamy, coconuty soup they have over there. Needless to say, I can't remember what it's called... :g

Chicken salad sandwich with "pretzel bits" or whatever they're called. You know, the thingies that crunch but don't have fat like potato chips so I can pretend I'm being good while eating the sandwich with the mayo in it. And a diet Coke for added irony...

Been trying to get back in the habit of brownbagging it lately. You know, pump more money into the CD budget. ;)

Edited by Jazzmoose